Feb-10-2012, 5:30pm
Indeed she does!
Bill

Barry Wilson
Feb-10-2012, 6:38pm
Pretty humbling watching videos like this

Hillsdale Leroy
Feb-10-2012, 7:05pm
Stunning, both visually and aurally. Thanks for posting.

Bill Van Liere
Feb-10-2012, 7:46pm
Looking forward to seeing her this summer at Blissfest.

Magnus Geijer
Feb-10-2012, 9:37pm
Wow. That was fantastic.

Wayne Bagley
Feb-10-2012, 10:40pm
This is quite recent. Feb 9, 2012.
Taken from the Weber YouTube Channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mandolin2010

Grommet
Feb-11-2012, 2:10am
She displays a very compelling virtuosity. Shows the power of the Weber beautifully.

Scott

Dave Hanson
Feb-11-2012, 4:01am
Wow ! that is stunning.

Dave H

journeybear
Feb-11-2012, 5:13am
Humbling, yes, but also inspiring. And exhilirating and reassuring, knowing that such talented young players are out there, making it happen, and hopefully will continue to make more mandolin music for a long time to come. This seems more than just playing well; she is drawing the music out of the mandolin. Quite a moving experience.

There has been so much posted of Eva the last few months I wonder whether there should be a forum devoted to her. :) Or rather, a forum dedicated to individual players, with sub-fora for each. That way someone interested in the work of, say, Sam Bush, or Eva Holbrook, or Dave Apollon, or Alison Stephens, could just go to that area and rummage through various threads devoted to that artist. I wonder ...

strings777
Feb-11-2012, 6:50am
Eva is very talented...what a great video, thanks for sharing! :)

Brian Harris
Feb-11-2012, 7:00am
Unconfirmed reports are that Eva and Thile are going to perform a sacred mandolin ritual on top of an undisclosed mountain. This event is purported to open a cosmic wormhole that may destroy the entire earth.

Fortunately, the soundtrack for the end is going to be incredible.

strings777
Feb-11-2012, 7:40am
If it is the end of the world as we know it, at least we'll have the soundtrack to look forward to! :grin:

Steve-o
Feb-11-2012, 9:23am
Looking forward to seeing her this summer at Blissfest.

Hey Bill, I saw SHEL was there last summer. Are they coming back? There's no lineup on the website yet.

And yes, such talent in this young rising star.

CES
Feb-11-2012, 9:38am
She's ok.

CES
Feb-11-2012, 9:39am
JUST KIDDING!! Indeed phenomenal, and she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously yet, which is also quite refreshing...

Ed Goist
Feb-11-2012, 9:48am
Worth commenting that she is also a great electric mandolin player. One of my favorites.
Moreover, her electric mandolin playing has a completely different feel and vibe from her acoustic playing.
She is a unique talent.

Caleb
Feb-11-2012, 10:11am
Great. Thanks for posting. (Nice to see an A-style getting good press too).

journeybear
Feb-11-2012, 10:17am
Unconfirmed reports are that Eva and Thile are going to perform a sacred mandolin ritual on top of an undisclosed mountain. This event is purported to open a cosmic wormhole that may destroy the entire earth.

I have heard rumors of this sort passed in hushed whispers. My understanding is that what would be destroyed would be all stringed instruments except mandolins, and this would usher in a golden age of musical enlightenment.

And the soundtrack for THAT would be incredible! :mandosmiley:

Orsolya
Jul-27-2016, 5:33am
What is this piece? I tried to google by the title without much success. :( (Like
"Tuscany" mandolin sheet music,
music piece titled "Tuscany" and such.)
If you happen to know any sheet music or tabs of this, please share that information. :) Not that I'm on a level to play it, but it is nice to have long term goals, right?

JeffD
Jul-27-2016, 10:17am
I have heard rumors of this sort passed in hushed whispers. My understanding is that what would be destroyed would be all stringed instruments except mandolins, and this would usher in a golden age of musical enlightenment.

And the soundtrack for THAT would be incredible! :mandosmiley:

My buddy took his banjo out of its case at the jam last night and <<yikes!>> it was in tune. Perfectly in tune. I told him its either the end of the world, hell has frozen over, or the Bills are going to win the Superbowl.

Mandoplumb
Jul-27-2016, 10:25am
My buddy took his banjo out of its case at the jam last night and <<yikes!>> it was in tune. Perfectly in tune. I told him its either the end of the world, hell has frozen over, or the Bills are going to win the Superbowl.

I don't believe that is possible, maybe someone hypnotized every one there and made y'all believe it was in tune.

Jeff Mando
Jul-27-2016, 10:55am

Not sure I follow the "doomsday" line of thought, although obviously meant both in jest and out of respect for two great musicians. I would think "greatness" would not be used to destroy the earth, but to enhance the earth. And, who would listen to the soundtrack? Martians?

As a disclaimer I should state that I'm too old for video games and don't really understand zombie movies, either......

Rodney Riley
Jul-27-2016, 11:14am
What is this piece? I tried to google by the title without much success. :( (Like , and such.)
If you happen to know any sheet music or tabs of this, please share that information. :) Not that I'm on a level to play it, but it is nice to have long term goals, right?
Try looking on her and her sisters' web site " SHEL" the name of their band. Think Eva wrote the music herself. An original composition never published maybe.

pops1
Jul-27-2016, 11:42am
This has long been a favorite of mine, and almost bought a Weber beartooth because of her playing. Great talent.

Austin Bob
Jul-27-2016, 1:58pm
She is a great player, no doubt about it.

Is it just me and my aging ears, my speakers, or does that Weber sound a bit thin in the higher registers?

pops1
Jul-27-2016, 2:54pm
Try listening with headphones and see if that makes a difference.

PhilGox
Jul-30-2016, 4:19pm
Am I the only one?
If you're in love with Eva Holbrook raise your hand! :)

darylcrisp
Jul-31-2016, 2:20am
This has long been a favorite of mine, and almost bought a Weber beartooth because of her playing. Great talent.

me too!
I think that's one of the coolest Webers. I like everything about how its dressed out-I like the older Weber headstock inlay pattern. I looked around about a year ago and found 2 for sale-reasonable.

d

Macabre
Aug-25-2017, 6:05pm
Sorry to be a thread necromancer but did anyone ever transcribe this amazing piece of work?

Cochiti Don
Aug-25-2017, 6:25pm
I've posted this video a couple of times. One of my faves