PDA

View Full Version : Grey Fox festival

x_purposes
Feb-05-2012, 4:29pm
I don't mean to be too far off of the mandolin subject, so please forgive me in advance. I have tried to contact Grey Fox, and I haven't had any luck. I have attended Grey Fox for two years and think I want to again. But I have a question. Almost every festival posts its performers by the first of the year. Grey Fox is always slow to do so. I have to get my vacation scheduled by 2/15 and I would like to know who I am going to see before I finalize my decision. Does anyone know why Grey Fox is so slow to post compared to other festivals?

Andy Alexander
Feb-06-2012, 7:19am
A couple of weeks ago I spoke with someone on the Grey Fox staff. It seems that they were still negotiating with a major headliner. The outcome of the negotiations would determine what was left of the band budget and affect other booking considerations. You can be sure that there will be a top shelf lineup of acoustic artists as always at Grey Fox. It will be worth the wait for your patience.

Mark Hudson
Feb-06-2012, 8:23am
http://www.greyfoxbluegrass.com/ws/pages/artists.php

Lineup so far...

They used to announce their line-up at the same time they opened ticket sales at the beginning of December. The sale date for tickets has slipped to Jan 1st, and the line-up even farther. And I have no idea why...

OTOH I'm one of the first people in line for tickets and have no objection to buying blind, there's always a great lineup, and if the main stage doesn't attract your attention at some point there's plenty of workshops and such to keep you busy :-)

greyfox
Feb-08-2012, 1:43pm
Howdy. I do represent Grey Fox, and we ARE a little late announcing our lineup this year, but I can assure you that it's all coming together beautifully and the rest of our bands will be announced shortly. So far, folks, we have on our website: Hot Rize; Del McCoury, David Bromberg with his Bluegrass Quartet; The Hillbenders, Bearfoot and Dry Branch Fire Squad (hosting as always). In the next week or so, we'll let more cats out of the bluegrass bag. I know you'll be very pleased with the number of great bands -- and GREAT MANDOLINISTS! And I have to echo what one member here said: Lots of fans buy their tickets before they know who will be there. They know it'll be a "who's who." We sell only 4000 camping tickets. Here's our url to look around: http://www.greyfoxbluegrass.com and our office telephone is 888.946.8495. Thanks! Hope to see you there. Oh, we're July 19-22 this year.

I don't mean to be too far off of the mandolin subject, so please forgive me in advance. I have tried to contact Grey Fox, and I haven't had any luck. I have attended Grey Fox for two years and think I want to again. But I have a question. Almost every festival posts its performers by the first of the year. Grey Fox is always slow to do so. I have to get my vacation scheduled by 2/15 and I would like to know who I am going to see before I finalize my decision. Does anyone know why Grey Fox is so slow to post compared to other festivals?