PDA

View Full Version : Misc Musings attempt

Bluegrasstjej
Dec-09-2004, 5:44pm
Hi folks!
I've come back to the desire to record myself again! That's a good sign isn't it. Not that I've been in bad shape lately, I've played lots and been kinda satisfied mostly too, but I just haven't felt like recording myself, or I've felt too busy maybe. I've played lots of fiddle and not so much mandolin. The fiddle is new to me so I'm still in that wonderful period when I stand in awe for every progress I make, you should have seen me last Saturday when i managed to make a cut on "Harvest home"!!!

I'm not good enough yet to record Harvest home but I've made a recording of two polkas I've learned on the fiddle, Ballydesmond and Kerry polka. I've left out the third part of Ballydesmond, can't do those triplets smoothly enough yet.
It's not perfectly in pitch and I also think the fiddle is badly tuned (too sharp) because I had to re-tune the mandolin a lot to make them sound ok together. But, it's my first recording on the fiddle and I'm so proud. I've fooled around with the fiddle for 2 years, playing scales and things now and then (quite rarely the last year), never really learning anything, but I met this guy Daniel who got me started and I've played for about 3 months now and I just LOVE it!!!

But, I can't manage to upload this stuff!!! Just get this "can't find the page" page. How annoying!!!! I'll have to try again tomorrow.

I'm fit for fight again! And I'm learning God rest ye merry gentlemen on the mandolin. Gosh, there are so many nice Christmas songs. I may even let you hear a Swedish one. You never know.

Have a great weekend everyone!
God bless,
Susanne

rmcintos
Dec-30-2004, 12:29pm
Sus,

I just downloaded your polkas today, and nice job. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif I feel like dancing......

--Rob

sjusk
Dec-30-2004, 2:55pm
Dear Susi, you´re doing an honest job with those polkas! I enjoy so much that clean "rough" sound, and you know what? sharp or not, who cares when you´re out there on the dance floor?
Keep on fiddling lass, for Pete´s sake!
And by the way: your singing on that Cristmas contribution is great too.
You better get started on recording again - you´ve moved a loong way.

Sverige rocks!

Søren

Bluegrasstjej
Dec-30-2004, 3:25pm
Thank you very much lads, your feedback means a lot to me! And yes, I'll get started on recording again. I remember I improved lots when I did recordings. After New Year my recordings will be dropping in again..

Happy New Year everyone!! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

fiddlegit
Dec-31-2004, 5:37am
I just listened to your polkas Susi, and was very impressed with how your fiddling is progressing. Well done!

I also really enjoyed your vocal rendition of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen". Thanks for sharing it.

craig
Jan-26-2005, 9:00am
there are a few new misc musings for the year that i just uploaded in the past couple days. have a listen . . .

craig