PDA

View Full Version : Fretboard Roadmaps for Mandolin

mandroid
Dec-09-2004, 3:07pm
I spy with my little Eye : on pg 25 top left block scale #diagram is 'sposta' be F major , but on the D string circles a root as E, and thus is not really to be followed as wisdom.
I got the copy from Elderly, and was told that would be passed along to the publisher
>Hal Leonard<. www.halleonard.com
[at least another person has done the same feedback to elderly] ( reprint probably happens sooner if more similar comments are made )

So in the meantime, peel off a postIt note and cover up the faulty intelligence.

(insert #faulty intelligence #political analogy/ metaphor here}
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Fretbear
Dec-10-2004, 6:18am
I heard that the mandolin on the C.D. is out of tune as well; these instruction books should not contain any errors in my opinion....It's hard enough for beginners without having to deal with second guessing the instruction materials as well....

AlanN
Dec-10-2004, 6:55am
Somebody gave me that book. It makes little sense, to me.

Salty Dog
Dec-12-2004, 5:33pm
My limited experience with Hal Leonard publications is that they can be less than perfectly edited. #They are fine but you have to keep an open mind and listen carefully.

mandoman4807
Dec-12-2004, 6:40pm
No matter how much I study the K position in that book, It just doesn`t make sense to me.

D.S.

mpeknox
Dec-12-2004, 6:42pm
No matter how much I study the K position in that book, It just doesn`t make sense to me.
amen to that!! i'm glad i'm not the only one to not get it.

mandroid
Dec-12-2004, 10:14pm
the E chord K is, at least, an interesting inversion with the root on the top, as the high E rings open.
Rootless B is just wierd, [unless co-ordinated, when the Bass player is doing the root]