PDA

View Full Version : Tenor guitar - sound clip, "Rain and Snow"

Oggy
Feb-01-2012, 8:09am
I was browsing through my old Garageband recordings and found this one. At bit rough, true, but I thought some of you might be interested in hearing my Sundberg tenor guitar in action.

The song is my own quirky rendition of "Rain and Snow" (somewhat inspired by Michael Daves) and there's also an additional gritty fiddle track.

It's recorded using a Zoom H2, so don't expect the best sound quality.

The instrument has been shown previously in the tenor guitar section of this forum, but I'll add some pictures for those who missed it. It's a sitka top, with mahogany back and sides. Rosewood bindings. 23" scale. And yeah, I have quite heavy strings on it (45 - 36 - 24 - 15) and tune it GDAE.

JEStanek
Feb-01-2012, 9:00am
Looks AND sounds nice.

Jamie

Jonas
Feb-01-2012, 9:10am
Awesome! Gritty and emotional, what's not to like?

F-2 Dave
Feb-01-2012, 9:33am
Nice. Tenor sounds great. Really enjoyed it.

billhay4
Feb-01-2012, 11:34am
Quite nice!
Bill

amowry
Feb-01-2012, 11:37am
Very cool! Great singing.

Oggy
Feb-06-2012, 11:32am
Thanks guys!

I'm really pleased with this tenor guitar... it's the perfect cross-bread between mandolin och guitar. I can drive it really hard if I choose to, to get those really punchy in-your-face kind of notes... and with a gentle touch it can whisper the most beautiful phrases.

Here's more information about the builder (http://www.sundbergguitars.com/).

Bert Deivert
Feb-12-2012, 12:22am
David built me a guitar too. Amazing stuff. Cant get the clip playing on my iPad Oggy, will download when back home in Bangkok.

Ed Goist
Feb-12-2012, 12:36am
Wonderful responsiveness, range and dynamics on that tenor guitar, and an excellent performance to boot.
Great stuff! Thanks so much for sharing.