PDA

View Full Version : New Almuse Jazzmando

Tom Sailor
Jan-30-2012, 3:53pm
Hi Folks,
just want to share some photos of my new Jazzmandolin made by Pete Mallinson from Almuse. It arrived last week and I'm *so* happy...:grin:
It is a fine cherry-coloured instrument inspired by the Fender Jazzmaster. I love the colour of wood and pickup (and my wife also does which is very important ;)). The grain is shining nicely dark through the colour. Everything feels to be first-class processed. The head shows what this instrument is made for...
Pete made some special efforts for my hard fiddler's grip and for my FCGD (Bb-sheet) tuning I use for Jazz; both caused sharping while playing accords on former instruments I played with. The Jazzmando in contrast is *absolutely clean* on accords! The frets allow sliding up and down with the fingers; the neck (14,5'') is strong and is lying finely into my hand. I simply love to play and I don't want to stop.
The Jazzmando is fitted up with an Almuse Moongazer pickup; the sound is really bold and rapts me away (and my wife, too) especially when played parallel (got a 3-way switch to select parallel, single coil and serial gearshift). Sound is rather volouminous at deep tones and clear into the heights even when played across the 10th fret of the D (=E) string without any shrillness. There are much great sound possibilities now I never had before and I will develop several new BOSS GT-10 patches during the next months.
So the instrument found its place next to my fiddle in our living room ( I have a music corner there) and I look forward to present it to my bands... and to play much good music...:mandosmiley::mandosmiley:

Tom Sailor

Ed Goist
Jan-30-2012, 6:24pm
Beautiful instrument, Tom!
Congratulations to you, and hats off to Pete!
Enjoy.

Dan Margolis
Jan-30-2012, 6:35pm
That is very beautiful. Enjoy it!

rico mando
Jan-30-2012, 8:45pm
Sweet!:mandosmiley:

MONami
Jan-31-2012, 4:58pm
Agree here, very nice indeed.

Too bad the termites got at yer fiddle, though.

Ben Milne
Jan-31-2012, 7:28pm
Nailed it.

Tom Sailor
Feb-01-2012, 4:21am
Too bad the termites got at yer fiddle, though.

Yea, just came too late... heard them smack, they had a good meal. Didn't derogate the sound anyway :grin:
Tom

Chinn
Feb-01-2012, 11:36pm
Pete builds a beautiful instrument!

This is definitely better than the ebay instrument you had before.

Jim MacDaniel
Feb-01-2012, 11:51pm
Very nice

Tom Sailor
Feb-23-2012, 1:21pm
Just to let you know
I posted a first sound example (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?82805-quot-Georgia-On-My-Mind-quot-played-by-Electric-Mandolin&p=1025842#post1025842) today.
Have fun, Tom

Soundfarmer Pete
Feb-24-2012, 3:34am
What a nice surprise to start the day...Lovely!
Have fun Tom,
Cheers, Pete.
PS....mind if I link your clip on my website?

Tom Sailor
Feb-24-2012, 3:43am
PS....mind if I link your clip on my website?

No, absolutely not... just wanted to propose the linking to you by Email...;)
Have a good time (and full order books :grin:),
Tom

delsbrother
Feb-24-2012, 5:47am
VERY nice! But it needs more switches! :)