PDA

View Full Version : Intellitouch Tuners -- a good price ?

OlderThanWillie
Dec-07-2004, 2:59pm
Just came across this url - click_here (http://www.internationalviolin.com/searchpage.cfm?category=MONTH&expanded=22%2C26%2C29%2C4%2C59%2C75&stype=cat) --where I found the bare bones Intellitouch tuner on sale for $20.75 + shipping. I think this is a better deal than waiting for an Ebay auction to end and then sending $$$ or credit card numbers to an unknown person (maybe it's Ted Wigglesworth!) -- and no sales or use tax.

If you know of a better deal, let me know too.

From all reports, this is a pretty good tuner and works well in noisy environments (bars, jam sessions, around kids, etc.).

(Note: I have no connection or financial interest in the International Violin Company.)

Avi Ziv
Dec-07-2004, 4:20pm
I just ordered the higher model on eBay today new for $45 including shipping and no tax. Elderly for example sells them for $50 + shipping so I probably saved at least $10. It's definitely more expensive than the bare bones one but it has back-lighting which could be important depending on your playing environment. Either way, it's a good tuner and works great in noisy environments.

Avi

mandroid
Dec-07-2004, 5:36pm
And the other one(mo' bones?] can calibrate to that piano that is just not quite right, but its there to be played on.. and with.

jim simpson
Dec-07-2004, 5:36pm
Yes, that's a good price for the Bare Bones tuner. I paid $29.00 locally and that's what you normally see it advertized for. I owned the original Intellitouch tuner for several years but it could only take so much dropping on hard tiled floors. I have a safety line on my new one so if it comes unclipped, it will dangle till I reclip! I don't seem to miss the backlight feature as all.
Good score!

Nolan
Dec-09-2004, 2:38pm
I went to guitar center and told them I could buy the black one online for $40 and they went ahead and sold it to me for $40 instead of $50. #They didn't even bat an eye...
"$40? Sure, no problem". #Made me wish I told them $30.

earthsave
Dec-10-2004, 11:07am
I have never seen them listed from less than $49.95. That's what mine was about 3 or more years ago and I think I got free shipping/handling from MARS?

Plus customer service is very good... my arm broke off and they mailed me a new one. Still on the original battery too.

GaryM
Dec-10-2004, 11:38am
Got the black one... paid around $95.00 Canadian for it. By far the best tuner I've had.(convinience and ease of use)
I wouldn't go "Bare Bones" on this tuner. Go all the way and get the back lit one. It glows red and is very easy to see in the dark.

roland
Dec-10-2004, 1:28pm
Has anyone tried the intellitouch model - Center Pitch - which I noticed on the Greg Boyd site? It says, designed for bowed instruments but works on others as well?

Avi Ziv
Dec-10-2004, 1:51pm
Scott said: "Plus customer service is very good... my arm broke off and they mailed me a new one. Still on the original battery too."

I want a warranty on my body too!

Avi

8ch(pl)
Dec-10-2004, 3:35pm
Anyone tried the new Seiko clip on tuner? looks pretty good, but pricey.

Nolan
Dec-17-2004, 9:56am
"I have never seen them listed for less than $49.95."

-- Go look on EBAY,
Here's one for $40.99
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....56&rd=1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38108&item=3769011756&rd=1)

Print out the auction and take it to Guitar Center or just buy it on EBAY.