PDA

View Full Version : Fender FM-53S SB

Andrew M Goodwin
Jan-08-2012, 2:15pm
Morning, Y'all!

My name is Andrew, and I'm new to Mandolin Cafe; so, I wanted to say, "HEY NOW!", and post a picture of my Fender Sunburst...

This mandolin was a gift to my Dad, who never took it up. When he passed a few years ago, it was given to me, pick-guard plastic intact, after hanging by a big green pipe-cleaner on the wall in his basement...

This is a beautiful instrument, and I have heard it sing thanks to a friend who plays; but, I do not plan on making the mistake of letting this beautiful instrument just sit there... so, I'm starting to learn...

ENJOY! :cool:

P.S. Looking for someone in the Raleigh-Durham, NC to teach me. :mandosmiley:

Blues, Bluegrass, Jam, Jamgrass, etc, etc...

Kip Carter
Jan-08-2012, 2:53pm
Welcome to the Cafe Andrew... lots of good stuff and people here. Nice rig!
Kip...

Andrew M Goodwin
Jan-15-2012, 12:46pm
Thanks, Kip! I know it's a lower end Beginner's rig; but, it's mine... and it has some personal history to it. PLUS, I'm a beginner! LOL

Also, glad I bought the nice hard case for her! I was scared having no protection for it!!! :(

Kip Carter
Jan-15-2012, 12:56pm
Andrew, your 'lower end Beginner's rig' is a great start! Several steps up from mine to be sure! Enjoy!
Kip...

Ray Neuman
Jan-19-2012, 7:30pm
Welcome to the forum, and the mando-madness! Glad to see your rig, very cool! Its not the cost, but the value to you. Now, PLAY that DAMN MANDOLIN! :)

kkmm
Jan-20-2012, 12:27pm
This Fender 53S is quite good to play, I have owned one, bought used , added in a piezo pick-up and play for 6 months before I sold it (to get an Ovation Celebrity and a brand new Kentucky). The Fender feels very solidly built and it was a great pleasure to play it.
My friend brought one (same model) to me to add the piezo pick-up. I have now opportunity to play both, side by side to compare. They have different tones for sure but I love both of them.
Enjoy your playing.