PDA

View Full Version : killburn from cinci guitar center to my house

dwilken
Jan-06-2012, 8:20pm
well the kilburn at the cincinnati guitar center is now in my music room. my martin D12 20 now resides at the guitar center. i've been so busy at work i haven't played it since i brought it home last week. thanks to everyone who gave advise. i appreciate it greatly.
to anyone else out there who has one- wht strings do you like? it has a much deeper sound than i'm used to- dave in sandusky
i'll take pics when time allows

Elliot Luber
Jan-06-2012, 8:58pm
Congrats. Can't want to see pictures (or video). Best of luck with it!

dwilken
Jan-10-2012, 8:35pm
been busy. will try to get pics up this weekend. had a very deep tone. any suggestions on strings???

robert.najlis
Jan-10-2012, 9:00pm
cool! I had looked at that mando. Hope you enjoy it.

Bernie Daniel
Jan-10-2012, 10:05pm
well the kilburn at the cincinnati guitar center is now in my music room. my martin D12 20 now resides at the guitar center. i've been so busy at work i haven't played it since i brought it home last week. thanks to everyone who gave advise. i appreciate it greatly.
to anyone else out there who has one- wht strings do you like? it has a much deeper sound than i'm used to- dave in sandusky
i'll take pics when time allows
Good for you! I picked on that mandolin several times over the last couple of years and was always impressed. Its got great tone -- good purchase!

dwilken
Jul-01-2012, 4:18pm
finally took a pic but can't figure out how to post it. man i wish i was more computer literate. feel like a dinasaur. i'll keep trying-dave

dwilken
Jul-01-2012, 4:21pm
ok, i think i made it my avatar. we'll see if it took. it wasn't a good pic but it's the only one i have. will have someone take a better one at next gig.

stratton7584
Jul-02-2012, 9:18am
I have played this mandolin on more than one occasion and I really liked it! As for strings I personally suggest any string in a medium size, maybe the J74's. Also you might want to look into changing the tailpiece to a cast one, it has given all the mandolins I have put them on a much deeper sound (if that’s what you are looking for :) ) All and all I think you made a good decision with this purchase!

dwilken
Jul-02-2012, 12:56pm
this mando already has a very deep tone. of course i'm used to the alvarez i had which was very bright. this sounds deep & full. like the difference from a junk guitar to a 40 year old d35. now i'm thinking of how to amplify without hurting the mandolin