PDA

View Full Version : TEFview available for iPad, IPhone and iPod touch

TablEdit
Jan-06-2012, 2:48pm
Hi,

Just to let you know that TEFview, the free viewer of TablEdit files, is now available for iOS at the appStore.

http://itunes.apple.com/en/app/tefview/id492060413?mt=8&ls=1

Don't hesitate to note it and to review it on the appStore.

Thanks.

Matthieu

Pete Braccio
Jan-06-2012, 5:25pm
Happy Days!

Thanks, Matthieu!

lukmanohnz
Jan-06-2012, 6:11pm
Just received the email notification and have already installed it on my iPad. My life is now complete.

tashook
Jan-06-2012, 6:18pm
Mathieu
I down loaded it but it plays the files at an alarming speed. Am I doing something wrong?

AlanN
Jan-06-2012, 6:31pm
Hey Pete, as an added bonus, I saw the link on your name to the Tottle files. Man, I have not heard those in literally decades. Thanks for providing them.

lukmanohnz
Jan-06-2012, 10:11pm
Mathieu
I down loaded it but it plays the files at an alarming speed. Am I doing something wrong?

The playback speed was reasonable on my installation. I did notice that the slider at the bottom adjusts the playback speed, not the volume. Does that help?

tashook
Jan-07-2012, 9:39am
Actually, I removed the app and re-installed it. That seemed to fix the problem. Thanks.

eadg145
Jan-07-2012, 11:07pm
Got it, installed it, looks cool. Now I'm sure that someday I'm going to figure out how to import a .tef file into it. I feel like such a Luddite...

lukmanohnz
Jan-08-2012, 1:16am
Got it, installed it, looks cool. Now I'm sure that someday I'm going to figure out how to import a .tef file into it. I feel like such a Luddite...

If you want to import a file that's on the interweb, just open Safari and browse to the link. When you tap it, you'll be asked if you want to open the file in TEFview. If you have a .tef file on your laptop or workstation, just email it to yourself as an attachment. You should be able to tap on the attachment in the email and open it in TEFview. (I haven't tried this but I'll bet it works!)

Barry Smith
Jan-08-2012, 7:18am
Hi and thanks for developing this for iPad. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get any sound from my files. Any suggestions?

Thanks

TablEdit
Jan-08-2012, 11:06am
Here is another solution. The best for mass transfer:

"When you plug the iPad in, go to iTunes, select your iPad under devices, next select Apps (so you can see the apps installed on your iPad) on the Apps page in iTfunes you will see that the bottom of the page is devoted to File Sharing - Select TEFView in the Apps under File Sharing and it will display all the documents installed in the TEFView folder on your iPad.... You can drag new tabs to the Documents box in iTunes or highlight documents and click delete to remove them."

Matthieu

TablEdit
Jan-08-2012, 11:12am
Barry,

If you can't hear anything from the five files I've included in the app, it is probably a problem with your device. The MIDI synthetizer requires some CPU and RAM to create the audio sounds in real time.

Try to set all the FluidSynth parameters (the second tab of the Option window) to their minimal values and select Reset.

Hope this helps.

Matthieu

MLT
Jan-08-2012, 11:43am
Thanks for making this available to the mobile iUsers. I was able to go out to mandozine and grab a tef file to load with no problem, however, when it plays I notice that I can only see one line of tab/notation (any combination). Is this just a fluke and do you think that a remove/reinstall may correct this, as we have seen below with other anomalies?

Also, while this may not be related directly to this App, I was unable to find Mandolin among the seemingly hundreds of Midi playback options. Did these come with the App, or is this an iPad issue to be directed to Apple?

Again, thanks for the App!

Baboon
Jan-08-2012, 3:24pm
Is there a version that will run on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)?

Barry Smith
Jan-08-2012, 11:25pm
Matthieu,

I am using on an iPad2 64 GB. Upon further testing, I can hear through headphones, but not through iPad speaker. Not a deal breaker (considering it's free). Just slight inconvenience. I did as requested, but it made no difference. I just noticed on the Flatpick-L group that another person had the same problem. Also, I shut off all apps except this one and still no sound through speaker. I have sound through speaker on all other apps.

Thanks again,

Barry

lukmanohnz
Jan-08-2012, 11:30pm
Matthieu,

I am using on an iPad2 64 GB. Upon further testing, I can hear through headphones, but not through iPad speaker. Not a deal breaker (considering it's free). Just slight inconvenience. I did as requested, but it made no difference. I just noticed on the Flatpick-L group that another person had the same problem. Also, I shut off all apps except this one and still no sound through speaker. I have sound through speaker on all other apps.

Thanks again,

Barry

Hmm - I am hearing playback through the iPad speaker, and I too am using a 64Gb iPad 2. You might try deleting and reinstalling the app.

Barry Smith
Jan-09-2012, 12:17am
Thanks. I've done that several times to no avail. But will try again

eadg145
Jan-09-2012, 1:27am
Thanks for the file import advice, folks. I'm back in business. Man, this is gonna save me a lot of steps!

TablEdit
Jan-09-2012, 5:34pm
Barry,
In my humble opinion, your ringer switch is set to off ;-)
Matthieu

Mike Bunting
Jan-09-2012, 5:41pm
I had no trouble, downloaded the app, brought a couple of tunes over and it worked fine. I'm not sure I'll use it much since I don't use the playback feature very much. It is easy to print it out to PDF and drop it in Dropbox and open it in the Gigbook app. It's easier to read there.

Barry Smith
Jan-11-2012, 1:09am
Matthieu,

In my humble opinion, yours is esteemed. I had switched the mute switch's function to lock rotation. I went to settings switched it back to muting function, unmuted it and BINGO--I have sound. I then switched it back to lock rotation function and I still have sound. Thanks for the solve. Major relief.

eadg145
Jan-20-2012, 6:14pm
Is anyone having difficulty with scrolling in TefView on the iPad. (I am.) In landscape view, I only get one staff, across the top, with lots of white space below. But if I rotate to portrait, I get a screenful of staves. This is good. For longer pieces, however, I have had a great deal of difficulty scrolling smoothly to the next page. Most swipes yield nothing, then suddenly -- whoosh! -- and I'm 20 measures down the page. Is there a trick to scrolling in TefView on the iPad? (My current workaround is going back to my computer, and printing on paper. :( )

TablEdit
Jan-21-2012, 7:45pm
Hi,
I know the scrolling is not as smooth as it should be because I have to constrain the scrolling to the measures boundaries.
In the next update (1.1 which is "waiting for review" for one week at the appStore) I've managed that in landscape orientation, you keep in Page mode if there is only one instrument in the tab)
In the following update (1.2 which is currently in progress) I've added an optional kind of scrollbar to control the playback and to browse the score more accurately.
Matthieu

psann
Feb-01-2012, 10:44am
I used the import feature to bring in abc. It converted it to tab perfectly and plays perfectly. How do I get it to save it? I am so appreciative of this app, have hoped for it ever since getting the iPad.

TablEdit
Feb-04-2012, 10:42am
Psann,

Thanks for the comment. A rating on on the AppStore would be much appreciated ;-)

Regarding your question: TEFview is a viewer, so you can't save anything. But the next update will give you the ability to browse easily the tunes present in an ABC file.

I've started a discussion on the TablEdit Yahoo group about TablEdit for iPad. It's not a simple question..

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/TablEdit/message/1328

Matthieu

mick pierce
Mar-07-2012, 2:35pm
hi i have downloaded tefview on my ipod and tapped onto mandolin but it still show 's guitar tabs ipod is new so maby i have done it wrong? help if poss please. regards mick.

TablEdit
Apr-19-2012, 3:15am
Hi,

On popular demand, TEFpad is now on the AppStore:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tefpad/id517830471?ls=1&mt=8

TEFpad is an editor of TablEdit files (.tef format) designed for the iPad. Just like TEFview for iOS, the free file viewer, TEFpad opens, displays and plays all .tef files and imports many types of music files (ASCII tablatures, ABC files, XML Music, MIDI, Guitar Pro, PowerTab ...) as well.

In addition to this, TEFpad lets you create new tablature arrangements from scratch and edit the tablatures you have imported.

In the current light edition, you can save the first 16 measures of the existing files you have edited (like with TablEdit Demo). But the new files you have created with the iPad can be saved without any restriction.

Matthieu

TablEdit
Jul-22-2012, 3:01am
Hi,

And now TEFpad Pro is available as In-App purchase.

TEFpad Pro allows you to edit and save an existing or imported score. You can copy and paste without any limitation.

The other new features of TEFpad 1.2.1 are:

- Subdirectory management
- Playlist
- pdf export
- ability to change the background color
- MIDI file export

I just added the ability to print to any AirPrint printer. It will be featured in the 1.3 update.

Matthieu

joelurgio
Jan-22-2013, 12:35pm
Anyone help me with how to control the tempo on this ios version?
Im using on the iphone and dont see any tempo controls.

Thanks

eadg145
Dec-27-2014, 1:15am
I resurrecting this thread, because it made no sense to me to start a new one...

After working with Tefview on an iPad as best I could, I ran into serious limitations (choosing what to display,for instance), so I took a deep breath and bought Tefpad. I have a substantial collection of files already resident on my iPad in Tefview. Is there any easy way to migrate those files to Tefpad? Do I need to have two copies of each file now?

TIA

lukmanohnz
Dec-27-2014, 12:50pm
Poking around I don't see an obvious way to do a global transport of your TEFview files into TEFpad. But it seems like it would be a great feature to be able to select a subset of existing files in the viewer app to import into the editor version. The developers are quite red sieve to requests and suggestions. Perhaps a quick email to them and you might have that feature available in an update.

stevemcbill
Jan-12-2015, 10:18am
TefView is now also available for Android devices (phones and tablets) - it can be downloaded from the Google Play store for FREE. The latest version (uploaded to the Google Play Store on 10th Jan 2015) will read TablEdit (.tef) files, TabRite (.bjo and .gui) files, Guitar Pro (.gtp, .gp3, .gp4, .gp5 and .gpx) files Midi (.mid) files, MusicXML files, Bucket O'Tab files, Power Tab (.ptb) files and ASCII (Text) tab files.

Enjoy.

Steve :)
http://www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/tab.htm