PDA

View Full Version : new guy here..

ibanezed4yrs
Jan-02-2012, 8:17pm
hey everyone.. glad to be here and hope to learn a few things.. i'm Bruno from south carolina and just got me an ibanez m10 (cheaper series) mandolin for christmas (from my son.. how cool is that?).. anyways, when i got it, it was all outta wack (action and intonation).. i was kinda discouraged.. after fiddlin around for about a half hour, i finally got the string height and neck set (low action no buzz) and intonation spot on.. also compensated for the bridge pulling forward while tightening, so now it sits perfectly... anyways, now i'm psyched about playing it.. sorry for bragging about the set-up, but i'm too impressed that i did it.. lol.. intonating these things are heck!.. lol!.. so.. first song i learned so far is Dream of the Archer (heart tune).. i just cant put this thing down... woo hoo!!!!

Kip Carter
Jan-02-2012, 8:32pm
Welcome!

Lots of helpful folks and info here. And when we aren't talking about getting the most out of our passion we are enjoying each other.
Enjoy,
Kip...

Becka
Jan-03-2012, 6:04am
Hi!
I'm new too...so much fun isn't it?
My husband just gave me mine for my birthday (Jan 8th) I know, it's early. He's always doing things like that. I have not played a Mandolin before so I'm starting from the ground up. I have been playing Euklele for 2 years. At first I was a little worried that with the 2 being so different I would get mixed up but I'm trying to play both every day so that doesn't happen. My husband says playing both will be good for my cerebral neurons. :))

Kip Carter
Jan-03-2012, 10:25am
Becka!! Welcome!

Post a pic on the section for that if you could. We'd love to see your new mandolin. You'll find a lot of help here regardless of what level you're at in your play. Out of the gate.. if your mandolin has not been setup make sure that gets done so that learning is as pleasurable as possible. It makes a HUGE difference!!!
Regards,
Kip...

JEStanek
Jan-03-2012, 11:05am
A warm welcome to both of you!

Jamie

JeffD
Jan-03-2012, 11:12am
Welcome one and all. Mandolins as gifts... its a wonderful world. The trajectory of your entire life has been altered. You are in for some big fun.

hogtown
Jan-03-2012, 11:44am
welcome, so nice to see new players I hope you have a great time on this web site
I know I do:)