PDA

View Full Version : Bluegrass Museum Jam Owensboro, KY

MarthaWhitePicker
Dec-29-2011, 3:45pm
As Lester Flatt would say “Howdy Friends and Neighbors” I’d like to take a moment and tell you about something that is very special to me, The Jams at the International Bluegrass Music Museum in Owensboro, Kentucky. The jams take place on the first Thursday of every month. I have been working at the museum for exactly a year, and I have made it my goal to increase the amount of pickers and grinners every single month at the museum. Last December we had over 100 people attend this jam and at one point had 4 different jam circles going on at once!

I want to encourage you to attend these jam sessions (They are totally FREE) and start around 6PM and end whenever people are ready to close their instrument cases. The local community really supports this function, at the December jam there was a reporter from the newspaper and the Jam made the front cover of the paper! How cool is it to have a bluegrass jam make the cover of a newspaper!
Come on out and pick amongst the bluegrass artifacts and enjoy your bluegrass museum! Check out the Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame and the various bluegrass exhibits that are on display. Mando folks you will enjoy seeing a mandolin played by Monroe, and his award given to him from the Rock & Roll hall of fame. We even have his “The Gibson” peg head on display.

Click below to see a video from the December Jam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfAgtIiD990
The next jam is Thursday January 5th, it starts about 6PM. Remember it’s totally FREE!
See you there,
Danny “Hootenanny” Clark

Kip Carter
Dec-29-2011, 4:36pm
Having a mando calendar on the web site would be a GREAT addition... wonder how much trouble that would be? Events like this could be listed and when we have time in our lives to take in something wonderful like this there it would be!
Just a thought...
Kip...