PDA

View Full Version : Starter Chords

Kip Carter
Dec-27-2011, 10:35pm
The attached jpg is a chord layout of the entire range of Majors and 7ths. I did this for my own use as a practice tool and figured others might find it useful as well. My objective was to learn all of these chords so that I would have a good core of chords to work outward from. In choosing the paticular chords I had two primary objectives which have been met in this layout.

Each Chord in the colection use all 8 strings of the mandolin.
Chords are postioned af close to the head end of the mandolin as possible.

These objectives have been met but I ask the experienced folks for suggested alternatives (preferably meeting the same criteria) that may be better as a starter chord and the reason why it would be better.

If it makes sense then I will edit the graphic and republish it here.

About the graphic.. You should be able to load this up in any program that support displaying JPG images and print it. It is formatted as a 8.5x11 document in standard printer resolution. Hopefully this will print fine for anyone that needs to print it out.

Your comments welcomed and Enjoy!
Kip...

Jared Heddinger
Dec-27-2011, 11:15pm
Just a heads up, I noticed the A7 chord is a fret off. It should be 2243 not 1132. Other than that, I love the whole simplicity of the chart.

mando_dan
Dec-27-2011, 11:33pm
no message

Kip Carter
Dec-27-2011, 11:58pm
Just a heads up, I noticed the A7 chord is a fret off. It should be 2243 not 1132. Other than that, I love the whole simplicity of the chart.

Thanks!! I will fix that right way and upload a fixed copy to the posting.
Kip...

Kip Carter
Dec-28-2011, 12:12am
Removed...

Kip Carter
Dec-28-2011, 12:14am
Okay the A7 is fixed now... hopefully this will help other nubes like me.
Enjoy!
Kip...

Kip Carter
Dec-28-2011, 7:51pm
WARNING to anyone using this chord chart. There are two files on the first post in this thread. A7 on the one titled "Basic Mandolin Chords.JPG" is wrong. Please do not use that one. Use the one called "Mandolin Chords.JPG".

I tried to fix this but it didn't remove the old file before I uploaded the correction to the posting.
Regards,
Kip...