PDA

View Full Version : Tea For One

dorenac
Dec-16-2011, 7:25am
A mandolin playing friend/teacher just recommended Jethro Burns' "Tea For One" recording. I'm not sure if it's still in print or available anywhere. Can anyone help out here?

AlanN
Dec-16-2011, 7:42am
Yep, great recording.

Check Grisman's Acoustic Disc site.

Scott Tichenor
Dec-16-2011, 8:10am
Out of print for years, probably since well before 1990. If or when anyone finds one I believe it'll be in LP format. Don't think it was ever released on CD. Acoustic Disc never had it and doesn't have the rights. If you have a turntable and still want it, best strategy is to set up a recurring search on eBay (but you'd have to be a member) for it and then bid like you have to have it. I looked and there isn't one at the moment which says something about how hard it is to find.

Here's a discussion on it from 2006 (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?24339-Jethro-Burns-%27Tea-for-One%27).

Had it years ago but it went along with the turntable. Selections on the album:

No Greater Love
Tea for Two
Somewhere Over the Rainbow/When You Wish Upon a Star
Nola
Willow Weep for Me
Crazy Rhythm
Deep Purple
Sophisticated Lady
Wave
Rip-Off
Mandolin Picker's Epitaph
All the Things You Are
So Long, It's Been Good to Know Yuh

coletrickle
Dec-16-2011, 8:29am
I have it on vinyl. Got it a few years ago from a local used shop. There are copies out there. It is a great album and worth finding. Maybe Grisman will release it on the Oasis?

Jim Garber
Dec-16-2011, 9:24am
I have a copy which I bought new. IIRC it might date back to mid-1980s because it came out a year or so after my workshop in WV with JB. I have to get out the LP and check.