PDA

View Full Version : Need to hear a Breedlove Quartz KO

joshtree
Dec-04-2011, 10:15am
So I think I have taken my research as far as it can go on this and have all but decided on a the KO. The last detail is to actually hear one.
Folkmusician has them for sale but I cannot find any sound clips or youtube clips that are helpful.
So I will just put it out there... Is there anyone who owns one that could post something youtube or otherwise, OR even better is there anyone in the Boston Portsmouth area whom I could visit (with a sixpack of your favorite beverage of course) and listen/handle your KO?

Markus
Dec-04-2011, 10:20am
I don't think they have ny of that style in currently, but The Mandolin Store carries a number of Breedloves and do sound clips for all of them.

joshtree
Dec-04-2011, 10:23am
Ya I have listened to what they have and am hoping the KO sounds closer to the FO than the OO they demo.

DerTiefster
Dec-04-2011, 1:17pm
You might also check out the www.folkofthewood.com site archives for video samplers, Mandolin, Breedlove:

http://www.folkofthewood.com/page2518.htm#breedlove

I found these helpful when was searching for a mandolin a few years ago. I settled on a KO, too, at the time. I'll check out TMS files you've been hearing, too. I haven't listened in for quite a while.

joshtree
Dec-04-2011, 1:24pm
Thanks Michael, Tried that too, even downloaded the recomended player but doesnt seem to play. Does it play for you?

Bill Snyder
Dec-04-2011, 2:54pm
The samples play fine with Quicktime. It is a free download (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/)if you don't have it.

DerTiefster
Dec-04-2011, 2:57pm
I generally run on a Linux system, and for a while had a Crossover hookup to a Quicktime player that worked like gangbusters for me. No longer, though, since I upgraded the OS, leaving that part of the Stone Age behind. I haven't dug through the debris enough to fix for myself since then. There -ought- to be quicktime players for your system that would handle the folkofthewood files, or so it seems to me. If you're on Linux, give some business to Crossover and they'll serve you well (NFI, just recommendations based on my experience).