PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a Pomeroy?

QCS
Nov-27-2011, 1:11pm
A few weeks back I had the good fortune to pick up a Pom F-4 here in the classifieds. Before making the purchase I did some research, made a couple of calls to better inform myself. I was in the market for an F-4 and prefer small builders and this one seemed to fit my other criteria. After speaking with the owner I decided to go ahead with the purchase. After a new set of strings and a few minor adjustments I found this instrument to be all I expected and more. Truth is, I have not seen any of these out here in California till now. Not at a jam or festival or a shop. Just wondering where the others have ended up and how they are thought of. Even though this is an oval hole, it's projection and tone are surprising if you dig into it. Crystal clear all the way up the fret board. These must be a well kept secret.

Jill McAuley
Nov-27-2011, 8:07pm
I had a Pomeroy A4 for awhile a few years back - I really liked it but then MAS and scroll envy struck and I ended up getting a Weber Custom Gallatin F and sold the Pom because it wasn't getting much playing time.

Cheers,
Jill