PDA

View Full Version : Help with reading Washburn Mando serial #

RickPick
Nov-19-2011, 11:56pm
Hi. Can anyone tell me how to read the serial #DC07050010 on a Washburn M3SW mandolin, please? In particular, I'd like to know where and when this instrument was manufactured. Many thanks

Bill Snyder
Nov-20-2011, 9:50am
Rick, I don't know if the information on this page applies to mandolins as well as guitars or not but take a look at the section on dating modern Washburn instruments H E R E (http://www.washburn.com/resources/resources/faqs.html).

RickPick
Nov-20-2011, 11:10am
Thanks for the tip, Bill. The mandolin I'm trying to ID might have been made in 2007 -- hence the "07" following the "DC". I hope it was made earlier than that! I'm looking for a good deal on a decent beginner's mandolin. I figure that since I can pick a guitar a bit and play a little fiddle -- which is tuned the same as a mandolin -- I could have some fun with one!

RickPick
Nov-21-2011, 11:34am
I just had a reply from Washburn Customer Service regarding what the serial # tells. So the site Bill suggested seems to work for mandolins as well as guitars. #DC07050010 shows this particular M3SW was made in China in 2007. Think I'll take a pass on the one I'm looking at, especially at his asking price.