PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know Allen Block?

generankin
Nov-29-2004, 10:47am
Long, long ago, I used to play on Sundays at Allen Block's sandal shop on Bleecker Street, after the scene at Washington Square dispersed. Does anyone have an e-mail address for him, any contact information?

Mike Bunting
Dec-07-2004, 10:07pm
That is blues singer Rory Block's dad, bet you could find her thru her record label or by googling.

evanreilly
Dec-07-2004, 10:43pm
He is running a sandal shop in some Northern New England state, like Vermont or Cow Hampster. I ran into him at the NEFFA festival a few years ago where he had a concession stand and gave him an antique belt buckle and had him make up a belt for it. It is one of my favorite belts. He didn't stitch it, beveled and glued it around the buckle.
I regret I didn't have him make up a mandolin strap.

generankin
Dec-09-2004, 10:01am
He is running a sandal shop in some Northern New England state, like Vermont or Cow Hampster. #I ran into him at the NEFFA festival a few years ago where he had a concession stand and gave him an antique belt buckle and had him make up a belt for it. It is one of my favorite belts. #He didn't stitch it, beveled and glued it around the buckle.
I regret I didn't have him make up a mandolin strap.
I found him, using the info you supplied and a people-searcher. #TYVM! #I did manage have something made by him back in 1962, a thick leather belt with a big nickel silver buckle. #

It has somehow shrunk over the years ... #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif