PDA

View Full Version : New Birdseye Two Point

Doug Edwards
Nov-04-2011, 1:24pm
Strung it up this morning, quite loud & sounds great. Specifics: Red Spruce top, Birdseye Maple back, sides and neck with a KOA overlay. Schaller tuners with MOP buttons, CA bridge, radius ebony fretboard with large frets. It has a MOP nut, James tailpiece, and is triple bound i/b/i. Is has an inlaid birdseye McClung armrest and triple bound birdseye pickguard of course.

Tom C
Nov-04-2011, 1:28pm
Love the color.

Tavy
Nov-05-2011, 4:48am
Nice work!

Doug Edwards
Nov-05-2011, 11:57am
In answer to a couple inquiries, this mandolin is not for sale. Others are available on my website. I intend to keep it for myself. I had a local woodworker and friend give me some of his scrap birdseye, enough for two mandolins. The next one may be put up for for sale. This mandolin does have an 1 1/8" nut. I'll get around to posting a sound clip later.

Thanks for the positive comments. This building thing is very addictive and I'm excited.

Markus
Nov-05-2011, 12:13pm
A really lovely two point. I can see why that one's a keeper ... and that's without hearing it.

Nice work, it's got to be nice playing what you made.

Denny Gies
Nov-05-2011, 1:02pm
That is a pretty mandolin, thanks for sharing.

Steve Sorensen
Nov-06-2011, 2:46am
Great photos. Great finish!
Steve

Bill Snyder
Nov-06-2011, 9:13am
Doug, I guess I have seen all the photos that you have posted so far of your instruments and I take a gander at your website from time to time and I must say I like this one the best of all of them. That is saying something because your bursts and finishes have been looking good for a while now.

Doug Edwards
Nov-06-2011, 8:07pm
Thanks all. I love being creative. It's really cool to play an instrument you've built. Even cooler to have someone take notice of it
I still have a way to go getting things close to perfect

Ed Goist
Nov-06-2011, 10:20pm
Doug, congratulations on a beautiful mandolin!
That back is just magnificent, and I really like your peghead shape.
Very nice.

Doug Edwards
Nov-07-2011, 9:10am
Mp3 (http://hillcountrystringworks.com/media/be2pnt.mp3)up this morning. Only a fews hours playing time and I'm pretty pleased with the volume and tone. Only gets better from here.

Cheryl Watson
Nov-07-2011, 9:35am
Prettiest one yet, I think. I love checking in on your instrument page to see what you have been building, Doug!

Mark Walker
Nov-08-2011, 5:02pm
Doug - you keep improving every build like you've been doing, you'll soon be one of the top shelf luthiers out there! Great job - keep up the great work! :)

Malcolm G.
Nov-08-2011, 5:33pm
Mp3 (http://hillcountrystringworks.com/media/be2pnt.mp3)up this morning. Only a fews hours playing time and I'm pretty pleased with the volume and tone. Only gets better from here.

Oh, my - that is beautiful.

Pastor Chuck
Nov-08-2011, 9:24pm
Doug, having seen it, played it and heard it, I'm really impressed. This is a really nice mando. Great job!

Doug Edwards
Nov-09-2011, 9:48am
Went for a speed neck. I like it!

Charles E.
Nov-09-2011, 7:57pm
Thanks all. I love being creative. It's really cool to play an instrument you've built. Even cooler to have someone take notice of it
I still have a way to go getting things close to perfect

Amen brother