PDA

View Full Version : Brendan O'Regan

glauber
Nov-28-2004, 10:45am
Does anyone have contact information for Brendan O'Regan or could direct me to a source for his CD A Wind of Change?

Thanks,

glauber

dave
Nov-28-2004, 11:46am
I don't know where you can get the CD but if you need a copy I can make you a tape.

kmmando
Feb-09-2010, 1:27pm
has some label re-released Brendan's first cd recently?

Anyone got any leads?

Really like to get that.

Kevin Macleod

http://www.mandolin.org.uk/interviews/macleod.php

PseudoCelt
Feb-10-2010, 6:08am
Elderly (http://www.elderly.com/recordings/items/LUN3056.htm) and Amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wind-Change-Brendan-Oregan/dp/B0014GFHYS/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1265799491&sr=1-24) both have A Wind of Change listed, with a release date of Feb 16th 2010.

Patrick

kmmando
Feb-10-2010, 10:24am
Cheers Patrick, trust you are still playing away onthemando and enjoying the tunes in the Granite City.

regards
Kevin

PseudoCelt
Feb-10-2010, 11:03am
Yes, still playing away. Had to take a bit of a break from playing recently to finish off my PhD/start a new job, but I'm getting back into it now.

Patrick

kmmando
Feb-10-2010, 12:34pm
Good man, you'll be able to play and eat as well now! Well done and congrats on the achievement.

Catch up sometime
KHJM

David Surette
Feb-19-2010, 4:38pm
I was not familiar with Brendan O'Regan at all, but his playing on the Ceird an Cheoil bouzouki documentary on Irish television is really excellent (you can find this on YouTube; I think there's been another discussion thread on it, too)
Well worth checking out. Anyone familiar with his solo CD?

David

CelticDude
Feb-19-2010, 10:57pm
There was a news item right here at the Cafe stating that "A Wind of Change" had been re-released, and that Elderly carries it. I ordered it, and coincidentally it arrived today. The several tracks I've listened to so far are pretty good!

Brendan O Regan
Jan-31-2014, 12:09pm
Yes folks my cd (same as a lot of others of my compadres) are now apparently "owned" by Compass Records. These cds -as most of u will know -were released by Mulligan Records in early nineties.

Francis J
Jan-31-2014, 12:26pm
I never know how to react to a post such as yours Brendan. I presume Mulligan records just sold off their catalogue to generate funds. It always saddens me to hear of artists not having a say in the reproduction of "their" work. I know that nobody ever got rich playing Irish Trad, but the current situation seems to be that people feel free to copy and distribute as they wish. Great to see you posting here.

James Rankine
Jan-31-2014, 2:26pm
Here's the Ceird an Cheoil documentary, really interesting and, as has already been said, great playing from Brendan.

ITt76_9oDOs

Brendan O Regan
Jan-31-2014, 5:03pm
Thank you for your kind words James.

Mike Anderson
Feb-01-2014, 12:18pm
So glad this thread was revived with the video link - thanks for that James. Wonderful bit of documentary, and yes, beautiful piece of improvisation from Brendan!