PDA

View Full Version : Union Station

ashdale
Oct-24-2011, 10:56am
I have an LP which I bought when I went to a bluegrass festival in Virginia, August 1984, that is by a band called Union Station. The LP is dated 1981 and is on the Leather Record label (LBG 8104) It features Johnny Ridge, Vernon Allred, Ken Berrier, Robert Sprye and Danny Keever (on mando). The liner notes are by Rick Allred (related to Vernon??) and David Parmley.

Is this the band that eventually became the one supporting Alison Krauss? Or were there two "Union Stations"? If it's the same band, how did all the members get to leave and be replaced by the present line-up?

PS It's a great bluegrass album, by the way!

Scotti Adams
Oct-24-2011, 11:13am
No...not the same band. Ive got that album as well. The band that went on to be with Alison was a band called Dusty Miller for the most part.

Pete Counter
Oct-24-2011, 1:28pm
Not entirely...there was a Union Station configuration before Alison Krauss joined with Andrea Zonn on fiddle while Dusty Miller was still together.

Scotti Adams
Oct-24-2011, 1:42pm
Not entirely...there was a Union Station configuration before Alison Krauss joined with Andrea Zonn on fiddle while Dusty Miller was still together.

Thanks Pete...thats why I said "for the most part'

AlanN
Oct-24-2011, 1:43pm
Johnny Ridge has long been a fixture around here - Bass Mtn. Boys, Al Batten
Vernon Allred (Rick's brother) - just saw him a couple of weeks ago
Bert Spye - all-purpose bass player par excellence
Danny Keever - have picked with him in the past

Not the same band as AK&US, at all