PDA

View Full Version : Post A Picture Of Yourself

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

mandopete
Mar-15-2003, 11:56am
The Breedlove thread below and the picture of Dale (if that's really him) got me to thinking about posting a picture our own funky-bad selves. #I realize that many folks would be uncomfortable doing this, but it might be a bit of fun. #What the heck, I'll even kick it off. #Here's one of me playing Lance Brittain's 1914 Gibson mandola.....

mandopete
Mar-15-2003, 12:03pm
Looks like the dang picture got messed-up, oh well.......

edit

SlowHands
Mar-15-2003, 12:07pm
And I thought it was an original Picasso...

mandodude
Mar-15-2003, 12:29pm
Cool idea, Pete!

Here's me...

;-)

Django Fret
Mar-15-2003, 1:44pm
Here's one of me...

Mar-15-2003, 2:03pm
Pete, what a bunch of "Wieners"! They won't post their real photos..........

Not a dang one of you can be any uglier than I am..... http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

G_Smolt
Mar-15-2003, 2:19pm
I'll bite.
And no, I aint the one with the B#$jo...

Mar-15-2003, 4:41pm
Hey, is that "Silent Bob" on the guitar?

Tom, I thought you said you were 50, I don't see a grey hair on your head....... #http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

I was called a "grey headed old man" on my daily Wal Mart Safari......Road rage is bad, but at Wal Mart I suffer from aisle rage.......ARGH!

Albert Whiting
Mar-15-2003, 4:47pm
i'm the sexy one with the mandolin

mandodude
Mar-15-2003, 4:52pm
WOW... how'd ya get your mic stands to balance on that big, balding guy's head???

mandopete
Mar-15-2003, 5:06pm
Hey mandodude - has anyone ever told you that you bear a striking resemblance to The Dawg!

Come on folks, let's see yer ugly mugs! #http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

mandodude
Mar-15-2003, 5:13pm
WOW... how'd ya get your mic stands to balance on that big, balding guy's head???
Wait a minute... I GOT IT!! #

I RECOGNIZE THAT BALDING GUY!! #That's my ol' buddy... guy by the name of "Mike Stands!" #Mike used to play mando in and old band of mine back in Nantucket (I played guitar back then)! #We had to let him go, though. #Poor guy... couldn't quite buck it...

;-)

mandodude
Mar-15-2003, 5:16pm
Hey mandodude - has anyone ever told you that you bear a striking resemblance to The Dawg!
Y'know, Pete, I get that ALL THE TIME! Aside from my pickin', folks even say I LOOK like him, too...

;-)

Django Fret
Mar-15-2003, 5:21pm
OK Mandopete, you asked for it.

This is about the ugliest mug I could find on short notice.

mandopete
Mar-15-2003, 5:27pm
You guys CRACK ME UP!

Mar-15-2003, 5:33pm
Mav, your wife told you the overall's were ok but that T shirt is her dust rag...........LOL

mandodude
Mar-15-2003, 5:44pm
Cool shirt, Mav!

Were you REALLY in Debbie Gibson's Fan Club??

;-)

Jim Hilburn
Mar-15-2003, 6:08pm
Guess which one is me. This is my band ,One Lucky Guy.

Bob Kellett
Mar-15-2003, 6:25pm
And here's my ugly mug wearing one of Ken's shirts, a Rigel hat,and playing my Rigel A+ Deluxe.

Eugene
Mar-15-2003, 7:39pm
My wee "band" and me (with my other instrument):
http://www.flutecocktail.com/images/photocollage.jpg
(mine is the harriest of these ugly mugs).

mandopete
Mar-15-2003, 8:19pm
Love it, love it, love it - Keep 'em commin' !!!

Kbone
Mar-15-2003, 8:39pm
Hey Smolt ! is that bikergrass you guys are playing http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

kbone ( lover of harleys )

Ted Eschliman
Mar-15-2003, 10:34pm
Okay. You talked me into it. This was posing for my "Before" picture in the Slimfast promotion...

evanreilly
Mar-16-2003, 12:19am
Here is a picture of me, taken with another good mandolin player.

OlderThanWillie
Mar-16-2003, 12:26am
And here I am with a bunch of good mandolin players:

jessboo
Mar-16-2003, 1:07am
heres my daughters favorite picture of me

JimW
Mar-16-2003, 7:31am
Here's a picture of me taken last year. This is a Rigel A+ Deluxe in Atomic finish. I loved this little mandolin, but you know how MAS makes you shuffle around your current inventory to get that other mandolin you just got to have. http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Jim

Thomas
Mar-16-2003, 10:30am
The family that lays together.........
There. That make you feel better, Dale?

Mar-16-2003, 10:54am
LOL........Tom I tip my hat to ya! I'm raising 3 teenagers 13-15-17 & the thought of starting over with little ones at my age strikes terror in me. But, I also think we are much better equipped to be parents at our "age" than we were at say 20.........Oh, I see you have a Poodle......uh, every kiddo should have a dog....or a Poodle! #http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

Like I have any room to comment, we have a chiwawa....

Thomas
Mar-16-2003, 11:12am
Actually, it's a Bichon Frise. We don't have anything French in our house. Oh no, here we go again. Please put the lid back on those worms.

The thought of 3 teenagers is much more ghastly to me. LOL.

ethanopia
Mar-16-2003, 12:27pm
This is a cool thread it will be a good refference for finding people at festivals...

Ever since this crazy picture was taken I've told myself that if I ever did a solo album this would be the cover...or something similar that is, just wierd enough to obscur my ugly mug but not wierd enough to scare children away...

mandodude
Mar-16-2003, 12:37pm
Note to all:

I had the pleasure of seein' Ted (mandohack) in concert this weekend...

...that ain't no "Before" picture...

;-)

mandopete
Mar-16-2003, 12:49pm
Hey Ted - where's the "after" picture?

Ted Eschliman
Mar-16-2003, 2:01pm
Ted (http://hometown.aol.com/teesch/myhomepage/index.html)

mandolooter
Mar-16-2003, 6:49pm
Taken by my daughter Melody

oldwave maker
Mar-16-2003, 9:25pm
Apologies in advance for scaring the women and children, this was the last photo taken of El Vez and I before we entered the federal halfwit protection program, current whereabouts unknown......

mandopete
Mar-17-2003, 11:38am
oldwave maker - is that one of them new fretless, upright bass mandolins?

The King Lives!

John Ely
Mar-17-2003, 2:52pm
I'm the cute one.

Walter
Mar-18-2003, 5:11pm
Mandolooter,

What is the make of the mandolin in the photo? I can't quite tell.

mandolooter
Mar-18-2003, 5:52pm
Its an early 80's Givens. I've only had it for a month and a half or so and Im in mando heaven. I had heard three or four in person and read quite a bit of hype about his mandolins here on the cafe and around the internet. That and the fact they were made right here in Idaho got me started looking for one. Its turned out to be everything I was lookin for. I still haven't had a chance to compare it side by side with some of the ones I heard around here...maybe at next months meeting of the I.B.A. I'll get my chance. I posted a pic of the headstock under the headstock thread a few days back if ya wanna take a look. Thanks for the interest and keep on pickin!!

J. Wiens
Mar-18-2003, 6:48pm
Hey cool thread....Great to see who's who here. Here's me and one of my instruments.....Jamie Wiens

doublestop
Mar-18-2003, 7:24pm
Hey, I am really enjoying all these photos!! What I want to know is how do I get a T-shirt like Bob Kellett's? Is that the evolution of the mandolin player? I can't really tell. Does Mando Medic have anymore of these for sale? I would really like one in a medium!!!! Does anyone know? Are you out there Mando Medic? I am in Lock Haven, not far from your old stomping grounds.

mandomick
Mar-18-2003, 9:26pm
No mando pics but I built this pre-MAS.

mandomick
Mar-18-2003, 9:57pm
Hey Ted, I think I was there when your "before" Pic was taken. Weren't you pickin' for gas money at that rest stop on I80 West?

Ancient
Mar-18-2003, 10:02pm
Here is a picture of the front cover of our new CD.

Bob Kellett
Mar-18-2003, 10:37pm
Doublestop,

I got the shirt from Ken Cartwright through the classifieds here on the Cafe a few months ago. It's a great shirt, always gets a lot of comments! Contact Ken and see if he has any more to sell. Ken--- where are you!??!

cloyd
Mar-19-2003, 11:05am
Hi all. Here's a picture of me (and part of my band) with Sam a couple weeks ago when we opened for him.

mandodude
Mar-19-2003, 12:01pm
Hey, mandomick!

That H-D sure is gonna look purtty onst ya get the sunburst finish done on 'er... er... ya ARE goin' with a sunburst finish, aint'cha? ...Be a shame to leave 'er "in the white" like that...

Mandodude

Seriously, man... NICE RIDE!! I ride myself... currently got an old ('82) Honda SilverWing Interstate and a newer ('00) Kawi W650 (y'know, the one that looks like an old Triumph Bonnie - what a SWEET RIDE that is!!). My philosophy: "You don't stop ridin' because you get old... you get old because you stop ridin'!"

Albert Whiting
Mar-19-2003, 1:52pm
did it work?

Thomas
Mar-19-2003, 2:17pm
I don't believe Sam looks too happy about that.

mandodude
Mar-19-2003, 3:19pm
WHOA! I used to play in a band called "Sam's Belly!"...

BTW... what's the dude in the white shirt doin'... fine tuning for better reception or what?? OUCH!!

Mandodude (who, before you ask, NEVER played in a band called "Sam's Nipple!")

mandopete
Mar-19-2003, 4:44pm
You guys are twisted!

mandomick
Mar-19-2003, 7:19pm
Hey Mandodude, Thanks. Sunburst it is! BTW only the wheels are HD, everything else was built from aftermarket.

Those Kaw's are sweet man, my brother has a real nice drifter.

tartan phantom
Mar-19-2003, 9:49pm
Me with my first axe.....uhhhh, 37 years ago..........

lucho
Mar-19-2003, 11:20pm
here I am with my band Nimloth...

earthsave
Mar-20-2003, 1:15pm
This is me playing on our community radio station's (91.3/98.1 FM WFHB) show "Saturday's Child" last year.

Hope I did this right... if not I'll try again.

Eugene
Mar-20-2003, 2:20pm
Is there some way we can hear Nimloth, lucho: CD, online samples, etc?

Crowder
Mar-20-2003, 8:57pm
Me and the wifey

Kbone
Mar-21-2003, 8:50am
Mr. Crowder - you're one lucky guy...:)

Bill James
Mar-21-2003, 11:27am
Here's my first and only gig. They wouldn't let me turn my mic on, must be why I look mad.

Harrmob
Mar-21-2003, 5:11pm
I'm in the white shirt and hat, that is Cambell Mercer on Guitar. Guess where we were.....

mandolooter
Mar-21-2003, 10:08pm
His Old Kentucky Home?

mandopete
Mar-21-2003, 10:37pm
"I'm on my way to the old home"

Really cool, did you catch the spirit of Big Mon while you were there?

Hey Crowder - where's the mando content? http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Brian Aldridge
Mar-22-2003, 8:40am
Here's me at our website. I am the guy on the far left on the home page. There are links to more pictures too. While you're there, sign the guestbook!
http://www.blueandlonesome.com/index.htm

bratsche
Mar-22-2003, 7:51pm
http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Bob Kellett
Mar-22-2003, 7:59pm
I bet that's an ivory pick you're playing with bratsche!!http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

lucho
Mar-23-2003, 6:54am
Hi Eugene: we don't have a CD yet.... just some crappy homemade tascam/PC recording. I started nimloth last year with musicians of the chilean Tolkien Society but so far we have already a website in Spanish with I think in the new update some sound samples of celtic trad music we play, also a few photos of me playing a couple of my mandos and woodwinds and teaching at the IV Mereth and other gatherings were the band has gone (the last one last week for St. Patrick day at Santiago Flannery´s festival) http://es.geocities.com/stcminastirith/nimloth.htm or Http://es.geocities.com/stcminastirith

Christopher Standridge
Mar-24-2003, 12:55am
All right gang, here is my mug. You guys might recognize my buddy in the bibs.

Harrmob
Mar-24-2003, 4:49pm
The spirit of Big Mon was definately there. Jerusalem Ridge with Cambell Mercer playing guitar for me, at the old home place...that day was forever. We (wife, kids and I) were traveling and Rosine is sort of right off the interstate, we just popped in. Cambell is a really great guy too, super nice. The wife and kids normally can't tolerate too much "music", they quietly sat there and let daddy pick for 3 hours in Bill Monroe's front yard.

Albert Whiting
Mar-24-2003, 5:07pm
dude that's kind of weird

Albert Whiting
Mar-24-2003, 5:08pm
sorry posted that in the wrong place.

mcashion
Mar-24-2003, 7:46pm
Attempt to post pic.

mandopete
Mar-25-2003, 11:06am
Harrmob,

What a great picture! #I hope your family got a sense of the history that must have been running through your mind. #Did you get to go inside the old home place?

SlowHands
Mar-25-2003, 1:42pm
I hope this works. This is my first attempt to attach an image.

Here's me just before trying out a more ancient material for strings...

Mar-25-2003, 2:12pm
LMAO..........!!! You use a Tortise pick I presume!! #http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

SlowHands
Mar-25-2003, 3:10pm
Nope. Nothing beats Spotted Owl beak!

That's my girlfriend's cat and she was not harmed in the taking of this picture...

Harrmob
Mar-25-2003, 5:17pm
Mandopete- I sure did get to go inside, and next to the fireplace where they said Bill first heard his Uncle Penn play the fiddle, laid an old mandolin, of which I noodled. It was an incredible experience, only an hour or so north of Nashville. I also took a picture of my wife rocking my littlest one in the same chair that Bill Monroe's mother used to rock him, but for some reason that picture had a huge blur in it and it did'nt come out. We drove on top of Jerusalem Ridge and just looked at the hills (kids were bored at this point). But what made even more special is picking with Cambell Mercer, that was a thrill. Then an older gentlemen pulled up and he said used to play guitar with Bill in the 50's and we got to play a few songs with him.

If you get chance, go and pay homage.

halfdeadhippie
Mar-25-2003, 5:47pm
I shampooed before I posed.

"as uncertain as it is uneven"
# # # # # # # # # # # John Hartford

avanti
Mar-25-2003, 10:03pm
Here I am last Sunday night fulfilling a lifelong dream sharing the stage with Frank Wakefield! What a great experience.

Rob

Scotti Adams
Mar-27-2003, 6:50am
..heres a pic of myself, Brian and my son at BRW Instruments. Thats my son,Ryan with my new(at the time) BRW F5C #20...Brian in the middle with a '23 Loar and me holding a '25 Fern. I also want to add to the Frank Wakefield experience. Frank used to come to town when I was younger. His sister lived in the same town I do..I think she is deceased now. My dad and frank go way back. Frank used to call when he needed a straight man for his shows and he would teach me the harmony parts on some of his tunes. We done many a concert together. Brian can probably tell you many a story on frank also. Frank is truly an American Icon...he should be, along with Red Allen in the Bluegrass Hall of Fame..

mandopete
Mar-27-2003, 10:02am
Frank is truly an American Icon...he should be, along with Red Allen in the Bluegrass Hall of Fame..
I couldn't agree more! Great to see these pictures and hear the stories about Frank. One my friends got to jam with him onstage at a concert a couple of years back. Seems like this is not an uncommon experience. From my perspective, I think it was probably the influence of Frank Wakefield that helped to create what we now call Dawg music http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Scotti Adams
Mar-27-2003, 4:15pm
..yea before there was Dawg there was Frank. There is also another mando player that alot of people have never heard of and thats Dorsey Harvey...Dave Harvey's dad...now there was a player....him and Frank could really light 'em up when they got together...sadly Dorsey has passed away...Monroe may have pioneered "the" style but Frank and Dorsey blazed the trail

mandomick
Mar-29-2003, 1:14pm
Look at that. A '23 Loar, '25 fern, a new BRW and not a s%#t eatin' grin amongst ya! Talk about a jaded crew.<g>

Thanks for the Frank Wakefield story. I've heard of him and it sounds like I ought to check out some of his music.

mad dawg
Mar-29-2003, 1:14pm
Here I am with my Spicer...

Scotti Adams
Mar-29-2003, 5:05pm
..yea....weve got faces made for radio....lol....we were kinda of clueless....kinda in a daze....didnt know where to start with so many fine mandos laying around

Ken Sager
Mar-31-2003, 11:36am
This is me.
http://www.vanlizard.com/images/ken.jpg

Mando Medic
Mar-31-2003, 7:40pm
This is really what Pete Goodall looks like. He's a two fisted mandolin player.

mandopete
Mar-31-2003, 10:34pm
Okay, back at ya Medic! #Here's one of Ken Cartwright. he's an All American Mandolin Picker!

(sorry 'bout the nose Ken, Photoshop is driving me nuts!)

Mando Medic
Mar-31-2003, 11:09pm
Touche Pete; good one. I think you stole that from The OBA site, and that will cost you a one year subscription.

elenbrandt
Mar-31-2003, 11:39pm
Her royal frumptitude - sans mandolin..

Scott Tichenor
Apr-01-2003, 7:29am
Takes a lot of grease to get hair looking like this. Not nearly as much (hair) these days...

neal
Apr-01-2003, 10:28am
Ellen, you're beeyootiful!
(not a stalker) Neal

mandopete
Apr-01-2003, 7:36pm
Takes a lot of grease to get hair looking like this. Not nearly as much (hair) these days...
Hmmmmmmm, that kid looks a little too young to be out surfing the 'net all by his lonesome!

Rick
Apr-02-2003, 6:33pm
Me with my babies. (Don't tell my wife I said that).

- Rick

Information about the guitars at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rajones19

mad dawg
Apr-02-2003, 8:41pm
Rick -- the Jazz arch-top at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rjones19/ looks hella cool -- nice work!

dvatchka
Apr-02-2003, 9:54pm
Wonder if this will work...

Rick
Apr-03-2003, 10:00am
Mad Dog (Jim) -

Thanks for your kind comments. The little thing is a blast to play. I'm looking forward to getting its three siblings completed. They'll hopefully sound even better - and will look a LOT better! I've got some stunning curly maple and Engelmann spruce.

- Rick

Bobbie Dier
Apr-03-2003, 1:10pm
Mad Dawg,
Can you still pick with that splint on your arm?.
Imapickn

mandopete
Apr-03-2003, 6:26pm
Now we know why the dawg is peeved! #What happened, an accident or something else?

Bobbie Dier
Apr-03-2003, 7:01pm
5 weeks isn't that long . You'll be picking by summer.
Hang in there.
imapickn

Bobbie Dier
Apr-03-2003, 7:24pm
This is me giving Big Mon a big ole hug at Butch Baldassari's workshop in Nashville. He played Wayfaring Stranger like he meant it. I had to choke back a tear.
imapickn

mad dawg
Apr-03-2003, 8:44pm
Great pic, Ima -- it looks like Bill had no intenetion of letting you go! #(And thanks for the encouraging words.)

Pete -- I severed both flexor tendons in my left pinky in a kitchen accident last January. #3 operations later, I now have about 85% of my original range of motion, but hopefully that's enough. #(We'll see in 5 weeks.)

But enough about me -- More pics please! http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

french guy
Apr-04-2003, 6:28am
First picture is one of mine , there is 50 years ago , asking
to myself , must I go or NOT http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

french guy
Apr-04-2003, 6:30am
And this one is the result of the ultime decision

mandodude
Apr-04-2003, 9:12am
Hey french guy!

Who's the guy next to you in the first pic???

french guy
Apr-04-2003, 9:24am
an unhappy competitor, Mandodude

french guy
Apr-04-2003, 9:27am
if I remember exactly ,
he said to me "after you", coarse error

JanJan
Apr-04-2003, 12:27pm
Hey French Guy, I don't suppose you have an older brother living in Massachusetts, do you? Ooo-la-lah!!

mandodude
Apr-04-2003, 12:38pm
Hey, JanJan!

I think that's his brother with him in the first pic... he would've had to have been one helluva swimmer to have made it to Massachusetts, though...

;-)

mandopete
Apr-04-2003, 7:14pm
Pete -- I severed both flexor tendons in my left pinky in a kitchen accident last January. #3 operations later, I now have about 85% of my original range of motion, but hopefully that's enough. #(We'll see in 5 weeks.)
Man, I never knew cooking was so dangerous. #If I had known that #I would have pulled that "recipes" thread from the Internet Cafe sooner!

http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Get well soon and get to pickin'

BTW - Am I the only person who thinks French Guy bears more than a passing resemblance to George Harrison? (not in his first picture though).

SlowHands
Apr-04-2003, 9:57pm
Hey, JanJan -
I live in Massachusetts and I'm twice the man French Guy is. No. Really. I've gotta weigh twice what he weighs...

Chuck
Apr-05-2003, 11:16am
First time I've tried to post an image, wonder if it will work. This is a great way to relax and unwind.

Chuck
Apr-05-2003, 11:17am
Oh well!

Mando Medic
Apr-06-2003, 1:43pm
French Guy, I gotta say this before someone else does. I see the resemblence, but there must have been a gene defect. I could swear that's a guitar in your hand? Very cute!

french guy
Apr-07-2003, 1:39am
Hey , Mando Medic , nobody's perfect , but I make an effort there, and in first I work hard the mandolin.

Hey JanJan , it's because I'm naked in the first pic, that you say ... oooo-la-lah ? ? ? ?

zeke
Apr-07-2003, 8:47pm
Ok, let's see if this works.....

Looks like it will. This is a promo photo for our band (Moonlight Hoodoo Revue). I'm not the French guy, but at least I'm holding a mando.....

mandopete
Apr-07-2003, 9:03pm
I'm not the French guy....
Hey, none of us are!

Come on folks, there must be a few other stragglers out there in mando-land who don't have the guts yet to post a picture!

midmando
Apr-08-2003, 7:52am
Come on folks, there must be a few other stragglers out there in mando-land who don't have the guts yet to post a picture!

Ok, here's me - no mando though!

mandodude
Apr-08-2003, 8:35am
Hey, Zeke!

Are those other guys all small, or are you jus' one BIG mando-player??!?

WHOA!

Jim Hilburn
Apr-08-2003, 9:14am
Zeke is definitely a man to be looked up to!

ffpizza5
Apr-08-2003, 10:38am
I've spent some time putting together this collection of circa 1910 Gibsons. I've alway liked the black top Gibsons and once I got the fever, I decided to put together. My wife has been very patient.

1906 A4 mandolin
1908 F2 3 point mandolin
1911 h2 mandola
1913 h4 mandola
1914 k2 mandocello
1915 style O guitar
1913 style U harp guitar

This collection will be on display during the month of May in a gallery at The Rome Arts Center, Rome NY. Stop out to see this part of Americana.

Django Fret
Apr-08-2003, 10:47am
That sure is one nice collection!

It looks to me like you have an enviable combination of an understanding wife and a gorgeous group of Gibsons.

I'm sure all roads will lead to Rome to see these.

Kevin@bluegrassbrethren
Apr-08-2003, 11:36am
I give.....here goes. A face only a mother could love....or not!

Shandy
Apr-08-2003, 1:32pm
Hmmm... okay. I think in this photo, someone had dropped a mic stand on my foot. Or I'm singing. I forget... http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

mad dawg
Apr-08-2003, 4:56pm
I see a lot of guitar players in these photos. Do any of you dare to post a pic of yourself with a Banjo?

Eugene
Apr-08-2003, 5:40pm
Your pre-1908 A-4 is lovely, ffpizza5. Quite an assemblage you have there.

Django Fret
Apr-08-2003, 5:45pm
OK mad dawg, but realize that I was younger and didn't know any better.

fishdawg40
Apr-08-2003, 6:38pm
Hey Django, lets see that picture of you smoking a ciggarette... http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

mandopete
Apr-08-2003, 7:41pm
Me not afraid!

Django Fret
Apr-08-2003, 10:46pm
fishdawg40, this the only photograph I could find of me smoking a cigarette. #It too was when I was younger and didn’t know any better.

french guy
Apr-09-2003, 1:41am
Okaay, just a small pic, for the "guitar allergics" . a pic taken two years ago, during a US trip , in a fabulous place which I would never forget, Cook Shack in Union Groove NC. I have much good friends over there and I wish to go back there as quickly as possible. And AT LEAST I play the mando!
Be carefull with critics , L@@k at the big foot in the foreground !! haha ,
Seriously , I hope much fun to all bluegrass and acoustic players.

BenE
Apr-09-2003, 8:35am
Mandopete,
Is that some of that Seattle tobacco at the feet of you sword welding banjo man?;)
BenE

mandopete
Apr-09-2003, 8:57am
Ummmmmmmmm, could be.

csar508
Apr-09-2003, 10:59am
nice mullet zeke

strapper
Apr-10-2003, 1:11pm
I have a picture I would like to post but can't figure out how to get it small enough to put in here. Any suggestions?

SlowHands
Apr-10-2003, 1:16pm
Strapper -
If you have a photo editor, you should be able to edit the photo and bring it down to a smaller size. This will also shrink the size of the file. Give a shot!

strapper
Apr-10-2003, 1:34pm
Thats me on the left with my dad's Weber waiting for them to come back around to a chord that I knew. #Next is my youngest then my dad playing my Johnson (yes I know how that sounds) my sister on guitar and my oldest playing the violin. #What a great experience this was. #My dad is on here now and then as pard. #My folks and sister live in Hot Springs and we live in Wichita and we met for the weekend at another non playing sisters in Oklahoma City for the weekend.

bud
Apr-10-2003, 6:16pm
Hey French Guy,

Isn't the Cook Shack the best. We live about 5 minutes from there and visit on most Saturdays mornings. The crowds are bigger now but just as friendly. You must visit again

mandopete
Apr-10-2003, 6:21pm
Strapper - Looks like The Kitchen Tapes all over again. But we won't say anything about the Johnson though! http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

zeke
Apr-10-2003, 7:11pm
What's a mullet?

midmando
Apr-10-2003, 7:43pm
A haircut like yours - long in back, short on the sides and top.

There's whole webpages dedicated to the mullet... some love it, some hate it!

Shandy
Apr-10-2003, 9:38pm
I had a wicked mullet in '87... legendary in the prom pics. Business in the front, party in the back!

softshell
Apr-15-2003, 7:53pm
I guess I'll be bold and post too

softshell
Apr-15-2003, 8:00pm
...and then after a full day of playing bluegrass.

mandodude
Apr-15-2003, 9:53pm
Hey, softshell!

...Can't quite make out the headstock... what's that animal you're pickin' on in pic #1??

softshell
Apr-16-2003, 5:24am
That's a GoldTone. Nice mandolin and real loud. It was my first F-hole and I had to pick thru a couple of them to get a good sounding one. It's got a great slashing rhythm sound but not much bottom on the breaks. I've since become a Rigel dealer so now I'm playing the Rigel more.

LilCreekster
Apr-16-2003, 3:26pm
Just cause I really enjoy seein everyone's pics, #I'll be good and share too LOL. #This is me and my mando...
http://www.greenandgray.net/h_mando/h_with_mando.jpg

And me with the guy who inspired (and still inspires ;) ) me to play...

http://www.greenandgray.net/h_mando/h_with_thile.jpg

mandobsessed
Apr-16-2003, 6:06pm
Hope this works. Here is me with my mando. Sorry no mullet.

Eugene
Apr-16-2003, 6:35pm
Here's a rightfully rare image of me sportin' winter beard. No mullet, but please be gentle regarding my haggard visage.

mrt10x
Apr-16-2003, 11:44pm
attempt 3, think ive got it so my ugly Marine Corps mug doesnt take up to much space. #Me and my new Weber, flyfishing inlay. #I may never touch my Martin again.
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/mrt10x/myhomepage/picture1.jpghttp://members.aol.com/mrt10x/images/project2.jpg

LilCreekster
Apr-17-2003, 1:15am
THAT is the COOLEST inlay I have ever seen!! Nice!!

I'd better not show my fly fishing husband or he'll have my next mando all designed up before I know it LOL

Eugene
Apr-17-2003, 6:03am
Very cool indeed, mrt10x. As fishing is my business, I'd love to see more. You should start a new thread with more detail shots. What model is the base for your instrument? The half-herringbone binding strikes me as an intriuguing nod to the very old fashioned.

mandodude
Apr-17-2003, 7:47am
Here's a rightfully rare image of me sportin' winter beard. #No mullet, but please be gentle regarding my haggard visage.
Hey, Eugene!

Haggard "Visage," huh?? Boy, jus' looks like an ol' bowlback to me.

BTW... I didn't know ol' Merle even made mandolins!

;-)

mandodude
Apr-17-2003, 7:55am
mrt10x,

Your face says it all, man! You look like jus' 'bout the proudest mandolin owner I've ever seen... and rightfully so!!

The custom inlay work is AWESOME! Did Bruce & Co. do it for you, or was it aftermarket? Sorta makes me wanna go out and get a motorcycle (my hobby) inlaid on my mando. In fact I would, 'cept, y'see, I've been savin' up to buy a Haggard "Visage"...

Enjoy your "piece of art," buddy!

Mandodude

mad dawg
Apr-17-2003, 8:56am
mrt10x: #Nice inlay work -- it appears that you've combined your two passions with this new mandolin. #By any chance do you also have mandolins inlayed in your favorite fly rod? http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

mandodude
Apr-17-2003, 10:12am
...do you also have mandolins inlayed in your favorite fly rod? http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif
Hey Mad Dawg!

I'm thinkin' of havin' my favorite fly swatter inlaid on my new Haggard "Visage"... does that count???

;-)

SlowHands
Apr-17-2003, 10:48am
Hey, Mandodude -

That's funny. I used to play in a band called "Haggard Visage..."

Eugene
Apr-17-2003, 12:24pm
I must apologize for my predilection towards gross verbosity and the resultant obfuscation that it induces. By "haggard visage," I had referred to my wildly haired mug. The ol' 'tater bug is by Martin (was Merle a nickname for Martin?). Maybe I'll post another picture of its considerably less haggard visage elsewhere.

mandodude
Apr-17-2003, 12:36pm
Hey, Mandodude -

That's funny. #I used to play in a band called "Haggard Visage..."
TOUCHE', buddy!!

PhilGE
Apr-17-2003, 3:07pm
Haggard Visage probably looks and smells a lot better than a Haggis Visage...

Hmmm... someone needs to come up with a tune called the Haggis Reel.

-Phil

mandopete
Apr-17-2003, 4:58pm
This Haggard Visage? . . . . .

mandopete
Apr-17-2003, 4:59pm
Or this Haggard Visage!

John Ritchhart
Apr-17-2003, 7:46pm
Eugene, I can see that, like myself, you are blessed with the gift of gab. I, too, set out at one point to purloin a "Haggard Visage" of my own, but unfortunately for yours truly, my efforts were rendered nugatory by the interposition of subterfuges. Hopefully, I will soon overcome these negative contrivances, set myself off of this wicked path of sin, and take my rightful place among the lesser known visages of history. I thank you for the inspiration.

mandopete
Apr-17-2003, 8:02pm
Huh?

Eugene
Apr-19-2003, 9:13am
Ah jbrwky,

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

John Ritchhart
Apr-19-2003, 10:08am
Oh! Frabjous Day!
Callou! Callay!

mandopete
Apr-19-2003, 10:16am
What, no vorpal sword?

Apr-19-2003, 11:18am
You guy's been sniffing the varnish again?...... http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Ted Eschliman
Apr-19-2003, 11:38am
Dale's just feeling left out...
All this "POH-try," and nothing about a "young man from Nantucket..."

mandodude
Apr-19-2003, 11:48am
...and nothing about a "young man from Nantucket..."
Did somebody call me???

;-)

BlueGrassPunk
Apr-20-2003, 1:02am
Mad dawg, you bear an eery (though it may seem to other s a slight) resembelence to george clooney.. maybe its jsut me

Apr-20-2003, 10:20am
I once felt the urge to write poetry & as a Texan found that quite alarming. Went to the Doctor to find out what was causing it. Turned out my underwear was to tight......cured by "Fruit of the Loom"

So maybe you Poet's just need some new drawers...... http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

mad dawg
Apr-21-2003, 12:09pm
I would prefer that my income resembled his (side-benefit: my MAS would know no limits -- except perhaps my wife) http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Django Fret
Apr-23-2003, 9:34pm
I did a quick search on the Internet and found this image under "Haggard Visage".

Eugene
Apr-23-2003, 10:18pm
The truth is out. We were born conjoined at the wildly haired mug. After corrective surgery and decades of therapy, I'm feeling much better. Poor Merle, on the other hand...

Harrmob
Apr-24-2003, 8:25am
That is hilarious....

Banger
Apr-24-2003, 12:41pm
Me at a very very young age.

Magnus Geijer
Apr-24-2003, 10:14pm
Here's me hacking away at poor Bondo.

/Magnus

mandodude
Apr-25-2003, 6:04pm
Mad dawg, you bear an eery (though it may seem to other s a slight) resembelence to george clooney.. maybe its jsut me
Hey, BlueGrassPunk!

C'mon now... I don't think ol' Mad Dawg looks at all like...

...Oh!... Wait a minute... George Clooney?? I thought you said Andy Rooney!!

...never mind...

elenbrandt
Apr-26-2003, 10:35am
There once was a lady from mandolin
Who loved nothing better than original sin
She played with her strings, and other fine things
Until Scott edited her post and said "knock it off..."

Feanor
Apr-26-2003, 3:05pm
Here's me:

Michael H Geimer
Apr-26-2003, 6:09pm
Ok, here's me 'on top of old smokey'. Actually it's Dewey Point, and that's El Capitan and the Yosemite valley behind me.

I took the Backpacker mandolin with me, and discovered that it sounds much better when it's played with your gloves still on!

- Benignus

SlowHands
Apr-26-2003, 8:36pm
Hey, Benignus! I have a shot of me in much younger and presumably happier days on top of the Half Dome! Quite a view from up there, huh?

Elen: Got caught in a political discussion, I see! Welcome to the club...

Frank

Michael H Geimer
Apr-26-2003, 10:11pm
I am a big fan of the back country; especially when you head back in from the Owens Valley on the eastern side of the Sierra Mountains. Pretty amazing stuff back there.

"If I was on some foggy mountain top
I'd sail away to the West
I'd sail all around this whole wide would
To the girl I love the best"

mrt10x
Apr-27-2003, 10:06pm
since we brought up the owens valley and the Sierras, this is me on top of Mt.Whitney in May 01. #I hope to haul a Sweet Pea with me on future trips. #The inlay is from the mandolin i posted earlier.. the brown on the right is from a small lake up near Bridgeport.http://members.aol.com/mrt10x/myhomepage/whitman2.jpg

levin4now
Apr-28-2003, 9:10am
Alright, I'm jumping into this foray a little late - me and my '46 Levin.

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/plymouth/staff/ameijer/images/al_mandoBW.JPG

mandopete
Apr-28-2003, 9:56am
Feanor,

Electric mandolin into a Marshall amp - now that is way cool !

mad dawg
Apr-28-2003, 10:28am
I thought you said Andy Rooney!!

Fortunately I don't drone on like Andy either! #At least I think I don't. #But what is it with kids these days? #When I was younger I remember...

mandodude
Apr-28-2003, 11:37am
Hey, Mad Dawg!

I took another look at your pic... on second thought, I guess there is something about you that does bear a little bit of a resemblance to Andy Rooney, but I can't quite put my finger on it... anybody??

Django Fret
Apr-28-2003, 11:58am
Sorry Mandodude, I definitely think the resemblance is more Cooney than Rooney.

mad dawg
Apr-28-2003, 1:36pm
LOL!!!

Personnally, I tend to prefer BlueGrassPunk's and Django's shared observation about Clooney (George that is, not Rosemary http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif).

mandopete
Apr-28-2003, 8:14pm
......but at least it's not a haggard visage or even a haggis vision!

It appears that no one is safe.

resonant68
Apr-30-2003, 3:24pm
This is me!
I'm a brand new Stew Mac A5.
That geezer hangin' onto me is Ronnie.
He just finished building me and wanted to show me off but I was having a bad hair day! ;')

stanley
Apr-30-2003, 6:26pm
(I hope this works…)

Great thread!

But it has drifted a bit...so I’ll drift it some more…here's me in the eastern sierra (rock cr)…doing what I do best in a place I'm fortunate enough to have in my backyard. Sorry I don't have a photo of me with my Mid-Mo M2…WHICH is much better lookin’ than me! Now if I can only learn how to play as well as I can ski…

mandopete
Apr-30-2003, 6:54pm
Uh oh....no mando content - better beware http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

I'm sure Django Fret or Mandodude can touch up your picture to include some form of mandolin content.

Davetnova
May-01-2003, 6:37am
This is really to give PLilGE the Haggis -

X:1
T:Haggis, The
T:Taigeis Agus Dealg Innte
R:reel
C:Captain Simon Fraser
B:The Athole Collection
M:C|
L:1/8
K:C
F|E/F/G Gc GEEF|E/F/G GB c2 ce|E/F/G Gc GcGE|D/D/D _BD F2F:|
g|ecgc eccg|ecge f2fa|ecgc acgc|d/d/d _bd f2 fa|ecgc eccg|ecge fagf|
ecdB cAGE|D/D/D _BD F2F||

But heres me, in the rain, anyway.

mad dawg
May-01-2003, 10:33am
Davetnova -- thank you for showing us your Moon http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

mandodude
May-01-2003, 10:58am
Hey mad dawg!

Let's be thankful he doesn't play a sackbut!!

Webster:
sack-but n: the medieval and Renaissance trombone

P.S. Hey, mandohack... you're a sackbut-kinda guy, aren't you??

mandodude
May-01-2003, 11:08am
BTW, mad dawg...

If I were you, I'd hurry and post something... anything!...

You're sittin' at post number 666 right now... probably don't wanna hang around that number too long!!

ira
May-01-2003, 12:56pm
are we counting posts again...........
if so, i better get on another thread and quickly!

mad dawg
May-01-2003, 1:52pm
Something

mad dawg
May-01-2003, 1:53pm
Anything

<whew!>

mandopete
May-01-2003, 10:02pm
Oh come on folks, howza bout some more pitchers! Here's an old one back in my tie-dyed days with Fidelity Grange . . . .

G_Smolt
May-02-2003, 12:33pm
OK Pete here is another of me in my natural habitat...

Spring Steelheading in Alaska...Nothing finer. Our snowmelt took off last week, and since 04/26 I have been out every day, 2-3 fish a day...and no bears (knock on wood).

This picture is from "The Fortress of the Bears"...also known as "Secret Spot X, Map Y".

BenE
May-02-2003, 12:51pm
Nothing like fishing with a 12 ga. pump strapped to your back!

Eugene
May-02-2003, 1:07pm
Your image is beautiful and inspiring, Mr. Smolt (so is yours, mrt10x). #Here's one of how it's done on NY's Oak Orchard Creek in the fall. #No bears, but I have chosen to fish decidedly downstream of the equally wily and dangerous salmon snaggers who congregate at the dam.

mandomick
May-02-2003, 8:37pm
Nice fish guys. Hey G_Smolt, many thanks for the previous heads ups about Split Lip Rayfield. Went to Bloodshot and copped their latest 2 records. Man those guys are screamin'. Freshest acoustic music I've heard In a while.

mrt10x
May-02-2003, 10:42pm
geeze theirs are so much bigger than mine.

G_Smolt
May-03-2003, 12:00am
Yeah, Mick, SLR are (were, apparently) a great band, I have a lot of stuff from them.

Update on the daily trip (I posted that photo before I left)...Me and My fish'n partner went to a different locale today, and after 2 miles of skunkage, we hit the jackpot...9 fish hooked, 3 on the fly, All but one over 10 lbs, all chrome-bright natives...and the best part?

We got it all on video. Heck of a thrill, can't wait for Monday, after the weekend warriors finish muckin' things up...

Oh, Yeah. I played a little mando today, too http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

PhilGE
May-03-2003, 12:21am
How to prepare Haggis (http://www.smart.net/~tak/haggis.html)

And a nod to Davetnova

Kbone
May-03-2003, 6:54am
ahh ! Alaska - I lived in Ak for 2 1/2 yrs, the last of the frontiers. Worked in a cannery on Kodiak, ate some good halibut, king crab...

Neil Gladd
May-03-2003, 7:10am
This photo should be all the reason you need to learn classical mandolin! (I'm in the middle.) In 2001 I worked as an onstage costumed musician for a production of The Merry Widow. The score actually called for three tamburitzas, and I just had to play as many of the notes as I could on one mandolin! Here are more cast pictures:

http://www.neilgladd.com/MerryWidow.html

Neil

http://www.neilgladd.com/JessiNeilEleniEDIT.JPG

Scotti Adams
May-03-2003, 8:44am
..lawdy lawdy lawdy...now thats what I call a fish..Im suprised you had a camera big enough...snicker...

Django Fret
May-03-2003, 8:46am
Those fishing shots sure brought back some great memories. Here is another one of me with a keeper.

Scotti Adams
May-03-2003, 9:09am
..now thats strange...my last post should have been after django's big fish....whats up with that?

Django Fret
May-03-2003, 9:14am
Sorry Scotti, #there is nothing wrong. #I deleted the post to try and reduce the size of the photo and I guess you must have posted in between the time I re-posted it. A fish like this one just cannot be minimized, as you can imagine...

Scotti Adams
May-03-2003, 9:19am
I like that fish....now ya'all do practice catch and release dont ya...?

Django Fret
May-03-2003, 11:20am
Yes Scotti, I normally do practice catch and release, but as I mentioned, this one was a keeper for obvious reasons.

Jim Hilburn
May-03-2003, 1:40pm
More mando's ...less fish.

Eugene
May-03-2003, 5:50pm
Ah Scotti, like fine mandolins, large, native, predatory fish are beautiful things to be preserved for future generations. #However, it is my solemn duty to remove as many non-native Pacific salmonids from the Great Lakes, those that compete with our native Salvelinus spp., as the law will allow.

And an "Aye" to Jim; please forgive my momentary indiscretion.

Bob A
May-03-2003, 6:46pm
On the whole, I'd rather be surrounded by merry widows than the more piscine critters; certainly they are warmer, at least as vigorous to play, and hopefully no harder to land. But it is a minor disappointment to find that Neil, surrounded by pulchritudinous and pneumatic females of the species, finds himself up and posting at the ungodly hour of 8AM. Shame. Of course, it may be that he too is a proponent of catch and release?

Scotti Adams
May-04-2003, 2:22pm
..yea I like to eat'em too....I probably release about half the ones I catch

mandopete
May-05-2003, 6:22pm
Dudes, we'll likely invoke the "rath of Tichenor" iffn this here thread morphs into a discussion of fishin' instead of mandolinin'

(nice fish anyway)

Django Fret
May-05-2003, 8:33pm
Mandopete, #do you think it would help if we add in some discussion about fish barbeque, or fish with bourbon? #Both those threads seem to have made it through OK. #When it comes down to both fish and mandolin playing, at least scales are relevant to both of them. #Which is a lot more than I can say for either barbeque or bourbon.

Scotti Adams
May-05-2003, 8:41pm
....hmmm..somethins smellin fishy around here

mrmando
May-06-2003, 4:04pm
http://stillion.com/mandolin/MartinwithSilvo.jpg
Really bad digital shot with National Silvo electric.

mandopete
May-06-2003, 6:26pm
Thanks mrmando, you've saved us from the depths of fish, BBQ and bourbon. Although I do think we may elicit a discussion on the merits of eating BBQ'ed fish that has been marinated in bourbon. I hear that Bill Monroe used to say, "That's Good Eats!"

mrmando
May-07-2003, 12:07pm
Somewhere I have a picture of me playing in Vermont with Brooks Williams shortly after I sprained my ankle ...

VKochetta
May-07-2003, 4:33pm
Is it possible to tune a fish?

(name withheld)

mandodude
May-07-2003, 5:29pm
Hey, you can give it a try... just for the halibut!

(name just as withheld as VKochetta's))

OdnamNool
May-08-2003, 3:36am
Salmon think you can tune a fish. I'm here to tell you that you can't. It takes sole, brother, sole...

mandodude
May-08-2003, 7:13am
All this fish talk is giving me a terrible haddock...

mandopete
May-08-2003, 9:04am
I still think we're goin' off into the deep weeds here (pun intended), but I think I may be able to bring this back to some mando content.

All you fish-heads should check out this new recording called Fishing Music (http://www.fishingmusic.com). #It features one of the finest mandolin players around, namely Ben Winship. #It's a great mix of acoustic folk, blues & swing.

Okay now, get your fly back on the water!

LilCreekster
May-08-2003, 12:37pm
I don't fish... LOL. But I did get a new mando :-D (same me, different instrument LOL)

http://www.bigspottydog.com/mando/weber/hwith_new_mando2.jpg

levin4now
May-08-2003, 1:05pm
Congratulations Creekster. Is that a Weber (excuse my ignorance - I can't quite make it out).

levin4now

LilCreekster
May-08-2003, 1:19pm
Yup! It's a custom Weber Yellowstone http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Kbone
May-08-2003, 3:55pm
Nice looking mando Heather, does it have tone bars ? You also have another on order don't you ? MAS at your age - shame http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Kevin K
May-08-2003, 4:01pm
LilCreekster,

Give us some more details on your new mandolin....

LilCreekster
May-08-2003, 6:45pm
Give us some more details on your new mandolin....
Lets see... yup she's got tone bars! #Also a radiused fretboard, custom inlay and a tradional scalloped fretboard extension. #It is the sweetest sounding mando, I am completely in love! LOL

You also have another on order don't you ? MAS at your age - shame
*hang head in shame* #yes, yes I admit it... LOL. #Yeah, I am on Bob Schneiders waiting list for #35. #Should be getting that Sept. 04 #Somehow I justifed buying the Weber now LOL, I kept falling in love with them at every mando shop I went into, and sept 04 really is a long ways away (does it sound like I'm making excuses? hahaha I thought so) Anyhow, my thought was to play this until that awesome baby is "born" and then sell it to pay for the new one. #But the more I play it the more I am thinking I gotta find a way to pay for my Schneider & still keep the Weber... MAS? #Dang. #I suspect I need help. Hahaha.

Kbone
May-09-2003, 8:41am
Heather
Nah ! you're ok(mas), heck I'll be getting my Rose mandolin on order at the end of the month, I figured i needed another to back up my Brentrup ( self justification ) and to get a varnish ( french polish ) F model fully bound for 1800 it was worth the gamble.

Kevin K
May-09-2003, 11:42am
KBone,

A fully bound, varnish F for 1800. Yikes I feel MAS creeping in.
Send info, send pictures, send money..........

Russ(String-Alley)
May-09-2003, 1:30pm
Nice Weber Heather!
the Scooped out fingerboard extention is a neat touch.
I myself am a big Weberphile. #"hey, buying Another mando never killed anyone.....it's the other folks in your life that will" I guess i'll post one.........of my weber that is....after all, the only thing worse than my looks is my mandolin playing.
http://www.craigmanganello.com/vpsouth....g (http://www.craigmanganello.com/vpsouthopenmic/viewphoto.mv?xphoto=photos/05012003/11.jpg)

cheers!
-Russ

Mando Medic
May-10-2003, 9:34am
Could you use this in your next video?

jessboo
May-10-2003, 10:34am
Ken maybe they could use it if it was seafoam green

mandodude
May-10-2003, 11:22am
Ken maybe they could use it if it was seafoam green
WOW!! TOO WEIRD!!

I did a short stint with an obscure band back in the 80's...

Seafoam and the Greenhearts!

... rock 'n roll cover band... did a lot of Joan Jett stuff! Y'all may remember our one big hit... "I Kinda Like Rock 'n Roll"...

;-)

mandopete
May-14-2003, 9:07am
Yeah, that is weird.

Thomas
May-19-2003, 12:21pm
The next Rhonda Vincent. #At least she has the clothes about right. #I don't know, though. #That suit might be too big for Rhonda. http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Eugene
May-19-2003, 12:58pm
Funny, you don't look like a Thomas.

mad dawg
May-19-2003, 2:37pm
Funny, you don't look like a Thomas.
Sadly, Thomas' mom wanted a little girl, and dressed him accordingly. http://mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Thomas
May-19-2003, 4:37pm
Now see? If I was Pittbull, I'd be spittin' mad at ya and making all kinds of threats. But, no. That's Natasha, my 3 year old, who wears bathing suits year-round. Not sure why, really, but I think it's because she's 3.