PDA

View Full Version : Mike Guggino and Kimble #186

Cabbagehead
Oct-01-2011, 6:45pm
Super nice guy. Awesome player with the tone that convinced me to get a Kimble mandolin. 76728

So I thought they should meet. This meant so much to me, once in a life time moment!

fernmando
Oct-01-2011, 10:11pm
Had the pleasure of meeting Mike yesterday...what a nice guy and great player.

Roscoe Morgan

bazooka47
Oct-04-2011, 5:29pm
Have not met MG, but his playing and tone was definitely part of the reason I decided on a Kimble (#188):

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/bazooka47/KIMBLE%202%20Point%20188/IMG_1137.jpg

Wesley
Oct-05-2011, 5:47am
Jeez Bazooka - I just drooled all over my keyboard. Will's two pointers are works of art.

Bigtuna
Oct-05-2011, 6:34am
I second that, he's a great guy. I talked mandolins with him after a show in Beaufort, NC and I was the one who had to end the conversation if I wanted to walk out the door with my wife. Nice axe by the way Mr. Cabbagehead, I'm looking to bring one of those home myself one day!

AlanN
Oct-05-2011, 6:51am
I'd like to meet Mike.

What I love about these guys is the passion they have for our little 8-string wonder. Wayne Benson, Adam Steffey, Ashby Frank, Mike Marshall, Chris Thile, Bobby Osborne, Frank Wakefield, Darin Aldridge, all the rest - they all talk the talk.

pickloser
Oct-05-2011, 8:57am
That #188 is a fine looking instrument. I like everything about it.
Ummm, mmm, mmm. . .ummm!

bazooka47
Oct-05-2011, 10:12am
That #188 is a fine looking instrument. I like everything about it.
Ummm, mmm, mmm. . .ummm!

Thanks- it sounds even better than it looks. I still love my Collings MF5, but the Kimble has nudged its way into the #1 spot.

Cheryl Watson
Oct-05-2011, 10:44am
I met Mike at a festival we were both playing and we traded Kimbles for a few minutes. I loved his F-style which was very broken in and responsive and he keeps his action pretty low. I think it was built in the mid 2000's just before Will started building with more of a Loar voicing. I actually love those earlier Kimbles just as much as the new voicing. My A-style was pretty new and a bit tight at the time and he really loved how it cut strongly in the midrange and trebles. My Kimble has broken in quite a bit since then. Mike is a nice fellow for certain and I am happy he is doing so well in the bluegrass world.