PDA

View Full Version : Tune, This I Know

erich
Nov-22-2004, 2:01pm
Does anyone have this tune worked out in either notation or tab?? It sounds like a fun piece to play! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Bluegrasstjej
Nov-23-2004, 9:54am
You mean Leather britches? you have it on www.mandozine.com. Go to Tabledit files and do a search, you should get about 4-5 versions.

erich
Nov-24-2004, 11:01am
Nope, I mean the tune that Peter Mix does on the MP3 recording here on this website and on the Rigel Mandolin website. It is a catchy tune that I would like to learn.

Mike Buesseler
Nov-24-2004, 11:45am
I posted the details here of "This I Know" (with Peter's permission) some time ago. I don't remember the name of the thread...try "this I know..." Getting that gorgeous rolling cross-picking like Peter's is another matter. I don't know anyone else who does it like he does...

Wando
Nov-24-2004, 12:08pm
I love Peter's playing. I think his video clips on the Mandozine web site are terrific, and I visit periodically.

MandoJimbo
Nov-26-2004, 9:32am
I would also be interested in learning this tune if the notation or tab was out there. Could not find in tabledit.

Mike Buesseler
Nov-29-2004, 9:55pm
Well, I dug through some old emails and found this from Peter last spring. He gave me permission to post this..

The A section is built around A, D & E chord inversions that are
fingered thus:
A: 6th fret G-string (third finger) 2nd fret D-string (1st finger) A & E
strings open
D: 7th fret G-string (4th finger) 4th fret D-string (2nd finger) A & E
strings open
E: 4th fret G-string (2nd finger) 6th fret D-string (4th finger) 2nd fret
A-string (1st finger) open E-string

I then slide those chord-shapes up to the 11th fret and play the same
line in D. There are several other sections as well. The left hand is fairly
simple, the right hand is doing most of the work.