PDA

View Full Version : Blush

joshags03
Nov-22-2004, 12:57pm
I'm working on lacquering my instrument and I have a bad case of blush. I tried using blush eraser to get rid of it but it didn't work. The blush eraser can is nearly empty so all I can think is that maybe the active ingredient is no longer sufficient to do it's job. Any thought?

-Thanks in advance,

Josh

Kent Barnes
Nov-22-2004, 1:02pm
I had a blushing problem on my last mando. Someone on this board suggested spraying a light misting of lacquer thinner over the area. It worked for me, so you might give it a try.

Luthier
Nov-22-2004, 1:19pm
Might I suggest one more coat with some lacuqer retarder added to it. #This has worked in the past for me. #It is also essential on humid days. #I would be very afraid of spraying a light coat of thinner on but Kent says it worked so you may want to give it a try. JMO

Don

8ch(pl)
Nov-22-2004, 3:15pm
Humidity is the cause. When I was an aircraft refinisher in the Canadian Forces, we used anti blush lacquer thinners. It evaporated more slowly and helped to eliminate blushing. I also liked to use it to get rid of dry spray effect on a large surface. Dry days are best for spraying lacquers. This stuff is more of a preventative and not a treatment for an existing problem. You may need to sand or rub the finish down to below the blush level, then respray.