PDA

View Full Version : mario artese lives!

jeffshuniak
Feb-18-2004, 8:28am
any of you who may remember me stressing over my MIA mandolin and builder, well the results are in...

Mario was involved in an auto accident and has been in the hospital, now released with a broken arm.

I told him he still had a free hand to email me, (no just kidding , I didnt say that!) http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

John Zimm
Feb-18-2004, 9:06am
Wow, I was wondering what happened to him. I never did get a reply to the email I sent him. I am glad to know that he is alive, and I hope he will be able to return to his craft once he heals.

-John.

vkioulaphides
Feb-18-2004, 10:08am
Having lived —and driven— in Italy, I, ehm... feel his pain. The difference is simply that I was lucky enough to come out safe and sound; that, or that I learned to drive amidst the equally frantic, frenzied, frenetic Athenian traffic.

It is still remarkable that no more accidents happen than actually do in Italy. A friend's car was totalled in Perugia, as someone backed up into it at 40-some mph. Now, folks, I candidly confess: I will back up as swiftly as the next man when in pursuit of that rare, precious, red-hot parking spot but still, fra amici, FORTY miles per hour? Dang, I never knew cars went that fast in reverse!

I wish Mario a speedy recovery and return to his noble craft.