PDA

View Full Version : My mandolin

Jeffrey Sawyer
Aug-26-2011, 8:00am
Here is my baby she is cheap and dirty but I play her every day.75623

abuteague
Aug-26-2011, 8:06am
Wonderful. It is amazing the boost one can get from a little music each day. What kind of music do you like to play?

JEStanek
Aug-26-2011, 8:09am
Play on and stay happy. Making your own joy is a rare gift.

Jamie

Jeffrey Sawyer
Aug-26-2011, 9:02am
Well I am still learning but I like almost all types. I like Old Time (O'brother where art tho got me hooked), Folk, Blues, Bluegrass and Renaissance music. I listen to a lot of Mumford and Sons and Avett Brothers. I really love that type of music right now.

Brent Hutto
Aug-26-2011, 9:25am
I like Old Time (O'brother where art tho got me hooked), Folk, Blues, Bluegrass and Renaissance music.

You do get around, sir. I like it!

Life's too short to stick to one specific style, all day every day. Unless you just like one specific style in which case it's all right.:mandosmiley:

JeffD
Aug-26-2011, 9:32am
I have always liked the radical snakehead.

That mandolin will do everything that needs doing, for a long time. Enjoy the potatoes out of it.

Larry S Sherman
Oct-02-2011, 1:41pm
I'm looking forward to seeing your new upgrade!

Larry

Leedalee
Oct-02-2011, 5:43pm
Well I am still learning but I like almost all types. I like Old Time (O'brother where art tho got me hooked), Folk, Blues, Bluegrass and Renaissance music. I listen to a lot of Mumford and Sons and Avett Brothers. I really love that type of music right now.

Renaissance music? That's awesome! I'm new to the mandolin, so tell me: how/where does one get Renaissance music? You can't play lute music, as there's not enough strings...maybe you play cittern music? I'd love to know!

Paul Busman
Oct-02-2011, 7:55pm
Here's a great resource for Renaissance and other less common mandolin music:

http://www.guitarandlute.com/