PDA

View Full Version : Wait A Minute- Seldom Scene

gmando
Nov-17-2004, 5:56pm
im having trouble figuring the chords out on this song, can someone help me out?

Scotti Adams
Nov-17-2004, 7:28pm
Wait A Minute

B Wait a Gflat minute did I C#minor hear you say you're E going far B away again
Try to Gflat change it I can't C#minor take the lonely nights without your Gflat love

B Doin' the Gflat road get the C#minor music E done and Bmove along
What good does it Gflat do Play your C#minorsongs for her and hear her Gflat say

You're rollin' along life's been good to you and even so
She comes to you late at night's the time you hear her say once again

I'm waitin' for you thirty days and nights without a rest
I got to hold on twenty-five to go and once again I'll hear you say

You can get the idea...its just repeats the same progression throughout the song....of course you can transpose it to any key you want...but it was done in B with the guitar capoed up on the 4th fret and played out of G position..

Moose
Nov-18-2004, 9:55am
Thank you Scotti!! - A great song! - I can usually call-up the melody/chord progression but "loaned-out" the cassette - to a friend no less!!- GONE!## ; and I can never recall all the words. The Scene...now THERE was a group... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Rwgrigg
Jun-11-2021, 10:01am
What is the correct time signature for "Wait A Minute"?

Wait A Minute

B Wait a Gflat minute did I C#minor hear you say you're E going far B away again
Try to Gflat change it I can't C#minor take the lonely nights without your Gflat love

B Doin' the Gflat road get the C#minor music E done and Bmove along
What good does it Gflat do Play your C#minorsongs for her and hear her Gflat say

You're rollin' along life's been good to you and even so
She comes to you late at night's the time you hear her say once again

I'm waitin' for you thirty days and nights without a rest
I got to hold on twenty-five to go and once again I'll hear you say

You can get the idea...its just repeats the same progression throughout the song....of course you can transpose it to any key you want...but it was done in B with the guitar capoed up on the 4th fret and played out of G position..

John Ritchhart
Jun-11-2021, 12:13pm
The original recording is in B. Herb is now singing it in A. (We're all getting older) My group does it in G. Play it where you're comfortable singing it. Chord progression is 1-5-2m-4-1

tree
Jun-11-2021, 4:51pm
I believe the time signature is a very relaxed 4/4. Slow, even.

Stop
Jun-13-2021, 9:50pm
capo 2. Start in G, to D to Am...you will get it

EdHanrahan
Jun-14-2021, 12:21am
Whoa! Thanks for reminding me... How could I have forgotten it? Got to see Herb, with Chris Hillman on mandolin & harmony, pretty close up maybe 8-10 years ago.

Ray(T)
Jun-21-2021, 7:21am
There’s a nice version on the John Jorgenson Bluegrass Band’s CD “Special Edition”. I assume Herb Peterson is singing lead vocal and there’s Mr Jorgansin’s mandolin solo. I think it’s in G but, to be sure I’d have to check.

Bob Gnann
Jun-21-2021, 7:17pm
Live at the Cellar Door. A huge musical influence for me and I'm sure many others.

Simon DS
Jun-22-2021, 2:00am
Nice guys, slow with a bit of swing:

3Rps80QdDtM
https://youtu.be/3Rps80QdDtM