PDA

View Full Version : First Scroll

Lee
Nov-17-2004, 1:48pm
Yikes, I pulled the trigger. Pomeroy #44 is headed my way. It seemed to be a good deal in the high $2K range. It is my first scroll.
The present owner is selling only because his custom-made mandolin "that should've never gotten away" became available.
Should arrive on Thursday.

brandon
Nov-17-2004, 2:10pm
congrat's lee...the waiting's the hardest part....well that and paying for it. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Lee
Nov-17-2004, 3:31pm
My photos are too big. So here's #43 courtesy of Great Divide Music.

Scotti Adams
Nov-17-2004, 3:44pm
..looks mighty fine..mighty fine...I would like to test drive one of these some day..

mandomick
Nov-17-2004, 4:47pm
Is #44 an oval hole or F's?

Lee
Nov-18-2004, 8:22am
#44 has F holes. Adirondack red spruce top, maple back and sides. Great Divide Music just received a Pomeroy F4; check it out.

Lee
Nov-18-2004, 3:21pm
Wow, #44 is a beaut. Photos don't do justice to the semi-gloss finish Don uses. In real life it has much more depth and transparency. I'm not a traditional sunburst fan, so his very gradual color change is very pleasing to my eye; although if I'd custom ordered it I'd prefer not so much darkness towards the outer edge.
Haven't brought her up to pitch, watching the clock roll by slowly.

Skip Kelley
Nov-21-2004, 8:09pm
I played one of Dons oval hole F models and the tone knocked my socks off! He builds a great mandolin!

Jonathan James
Nov-21-2004, 8:12pm
Congrats Lee. You've got a Pomeroy farm in the making...

Baron Collins-Hill
Nov-21-2004, 8:22pm
that is now the nicest mando ive see on the cafe ever.

Lee
Nov-22-2004, 5:20pm
Gee thanks; that's quite a compliment!
After playing the #26 A-style I decided my first scroll would be a Pomeroy. As if by magic #44 hit the Cafe. It came with a traditional bridge, and the bone one loose in the case. I'll be experiementing with strings and the bridges to find my favorite combination.
The First Quality Musical Supply case is a monster too. Do they still make them?