PDA

View Full Version : First stage of a new project complete.

red7flag
Aug-04-2011, 4:18pm
With a friend playing guitar and helping with arrangements, we recorded, in rough form, 12 songs that I wrote. My friend is making up chord charts for each song that will be delivered to the players for the final project. We will have 5 people in the final mix, me on mandolin/octave mandolin, banjo player, guitar player and bass player (the one who played guitar on the rough recording), and a sound engineer. There are 2 gypsy songs (minor keys), 4 Irish sounding tunes, 4 grass type tunes, 2 that don't really fit a category. This has been great fun to do. The final arrangements have not been completed, but the intent is fairly simple. The mandolin/octave and banjo will be doing the leads and counter leads, with the bass and guitar mostly for rhythm. All the players are very versatile and competent. This has come to pass due to a lot of hard work from my friends Bob Nobles, rough cut guitar player, arranger and Brian Kelly, sound engineer. To have songs of many years come to life is a very rewarding process. Great to have great and talented friends helping me, also.