PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Heart on "Song of the Mountain"

johnmarkva
Aug-01-2011, 11:06am
Aired this weekend on the NC PBS station. They sure were having fun as usual!

Seeing that keyboard on stage just doesn't seem right, but I admit I love their music.

f5loar
Aug-01-2011, 10:16pm
too bad Clay's guitar was not turned up. They seem to have a sound problem on that show from time to time. What kind of mandolin was Arron picking? Those guys are borderling New Grass/Rock&Roll Country.

johnmarkva
Aug-02-2011, 10:01am
They definitely had sound problems. I don't mind the keyboard but a couple of times it drowned out the fiddle and mandolin completely. The guitars were both too low the whole show. I'm not sure about what mandolin he was playing.

It is still worth watching if you are a fan!

Michael Ramsey
Aug-12-2011, 8:17am
too bad Clay's guitar was not turned up. They seem to have a sound problem on that show from time to time. What kind of mandolin was Arron picking? Those guys are borderling New Grass/Rock&Roll Country.

Tom, Aaron is still playing the Northfield. They're flying to Washington state today and hope to be back home on Monday, for the first time since leaving home on July 29th, an 18 day run.

I was in Marion, VA, when they taped this episode of Song of the Mountains. The show was in May of 2010. It's a great old theater, but it does have it's problems with sound. Eric Willson is Mountain Heart's soundman and he's one of the best. I've seen their show in a multitude of venues over Aaron's nearly 4 year tenure with the band and Eric always makes them sound their best, but he even admitted after the show that this one was a tough show. It's still a great place to go see bands perform and I'd encourage anyone who has an opportunity to go check it out.