PDA

View Full Version : Enlarging scale drawings from Troughton book

ejkauf99
Feb-17-2004, 8:34pm
A while back there was some discussion about enlarging the scale drawings in the John Troughton book by using a professional copier. I cannot find the post, and was wondering
if anyone could help with the numbers.
Jeff

John Zimm
Feb-18-2004, 1:13pm
Hi Jeff,

I enlarged the drawings 318%, but there was someone out there who enlarged them differently. You may have to try a few times to get it right, but if you've got a metric ruler the gridlines should be 25 mm apart, if I remember correctly. just enlarge until the grid is the right size and you'll be good to go. Good luck.

-John.

ejkauf99
Feb-18-2004, 9:02pm
Hi John: Thanks for the info. I'll probably have a few copies made up at a print shop. Have you built any instruments from this book? I've built ukes,and guitars before, but it's always a learning experience when ever you try someone elses
method.
Best regards Jeff

John Zimm
Feb-18-2004, 9:15pm
Hi Jeff,

I have been working on a mandola and a mandolin from this book for quite some time now. I only work at it sporadically though as it takes me away from playing, and I am a much better player than woodworker. Hopefully I will finish one someday, preferably before camping season starts and I need a travel mandolin. I am sure if you have made other instruments before and know the basics it will go well for you. Best of luck.

-John.