PDA

View Full Version : European Guitar and Mandolin Academy 2011

NewsFetcher
Jul-24-2011, 12:30pm
The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
European Guitar and Mandolin Academy 2011
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001375.shtml

The 2011 European Mandolin Academy will be held November 7-11 in the Federal Academy for Youth Education in Trossingen, Germany.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.

Paul Cowham
Jul-26-2011, 9:45am
I've had a quick look at this and am tempted to go to it, has anyone else here been to this event before?

My initial thought was that it does look as though it could be aimed more at classical musicians (the photo's on their website tend to have classical guitars and bowlback mandolins on) although the programme looks good and varied (I don't really play classical style).

astringapart
Sep-19-2011, 7:47pm
Paul, I was just looking at the event as well. I was a bit excited at first, but as a student of the mandolin I don't believe i would fit in. Maybe something that might be more appropriate a few years down the road when I can fit in with some of the more experienced, affluent musicians. I have found a few notes online saying that the event is really really well received by its participants.

Paul Cowham
Sep-23-2011, 8:50am
thanks astringapart..
I am going to this and really looking forward to it. The tutors include Mike Marshall, and with the travel etc it is a fraction of the cost for me to go to this than it would be to the mandolin symposium (although I suspect the weather won't be as nice as California in June!)

Sorry to hear that you are put off going yourself. I'm assuming that whatever level the students are at, the tutors and participants will be supportive - it may be worth you contacting them if you are unsure whether or not you would benefit from going to this?
all the best,
Paul

kurtdaniel
Oct-21-2011, 6:16am
I've had a quick look at this and am tempted to go to it, has anyone else here been to this event before?

My initial thought was that it does look as though it could be aimed more at classical musicians (the photos on their website tend to have classical guitars and bowlback mandolins on) although the programme looks good and varied (I don't really play classical style).wanna go too!!

Paul Cowham
Oct-21-2011, 7:46am
yes - getting close, I'm really excited about it :mandosmiley:

kurtdaniel
Oct-22-2011, 1:33am
thanks astringapart..
I am going to this and really looking forward to it. The <spam link removed> include Mike Marshall, and with the travel etc it is a fraction of the cost for me to go to this than it would be to the mandolin symposium (although I suspect the weather won't be as nice as California in June!)

Sorry to hear that you are put off going yourself. I'm assuming that whatever level the students are at, the tutors and participants will be supportive - it may be worth you contacting them if you are unsure whether or not you would benefit from going to this?
all the best,
Paulhope to meet you guys on that event.. looking forward to learn much about guitar there..