PDA

View Full Version : Newell mandolins pricing

Keith Newell
Jul-17-2011, 10:45pm
This has been a long time coming and I have been building at a loss for some time so now I have to bite the bullet and post what is new to me and you for pricing. I don't maintain a website except for my mandolins page on facebook so i need to post this here. If I violate any rules I'm sorry and I will correct this post.
My new pricing is $1150 for flat top, $2400 for archtop A with oval or F holes, and $3100 for F styles. This has been a long time coming and 3 years ago I was going to do this but the economy dived so I put it on hold. I have been working for less than minamum wage for these few years and it's time to re-alighn with the market. I will honor any communications with others in the past as far as pricing but that's fair and they were in the que so to speak.
If you want something quality then it boils down to materials and labor. I live in the US (Oregon) I back up my instruments, I speak your language of music and hands on feel, I will let you see my shop, see my instruments and will not take an order if I feel you are undecided.
If this is not an acceptable venue for this post delete it but tellme where or how to post it.
Thanks,
Keith Newell

dcoventry
Jul-17-2011, 10:59pm
NOONONOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crying:

Ok. Sounds fair. Can't fault you for wanting to make a living. And I for one want you to stay in business long enough for me to figure out how to get the blond f style with a one piece bubble back, adi top, and tortoise binding. I'm working on it, believe. Your work is great, keep at it.;)

Dave

Folkmusician.com
Jul-17-2011, 11:11pm
Keith,

No apologies needed. The cost of doing business has skyrocketed these last few years. Don't cut yourself short.

Clement Barrera-Ng
Jul-17-2011, 11:11pm
Keith I think the new prices are more than fair and still remain competitive among other makers. And I hope that this means demand for your work has been in constant increase which allows you to make this realignment. That's good news to my ears indeed.

Ivan Kelsall
Jul-18-2011, 1:41am
Well Keith - You can't get more open & up-front honest than that. The cost of everything has risen over the past 3 years or so & it's only natural that the cost of materials & labour is passed on to your customers to whatever degree.Without doing that you'd be out of business = NO Mandolins at ANY price,
Best wishes - Ivan ;)

Rvl
Jul-18-2011, 5:11pm
I like my Newell
And I have another Newell on the way
And after this one is built I will get another one,I just wish I had sent in my deposit earlier

Good luck Keith

Robert VanLane

sunburst
Jul-18-2011, 6:23pm
Still a bargain for a hand made mandolin from an experienced builder!

Andrew DeMarco
Jul-18-2011, 6:50pm
Sounds like a damn deal to me.