Nov-12-2004, 8:14pm
........off to see the wizard..........

Brian Aldridge
Nov-12-2004, 9:38pm
I'm glad I ain't there.

Chris "Bucket" Thomas
Nov-13-2004, 9:17am
How was it?

I am going to see him in Richmond, VA this coming week.

CST

Scotti Adams
Nov-13-2004, 9:44am
Frank was on...and his usual backward talkin self....he put on a great show....no banjo...which was ok by me...a real intimate show. I wasnt able to stay for the second shift..had to get home so the baby sitter could get home. He invited me on stage but had to decline for the lack of time. Frank is an acquired taste..you either like him or you dont...I do....

AlanN
Nov-13-2004, 10:05am
How were the vocals?

mikeh
Nov-13-2004, 10:28am
A pleasure to see you Scotti. I left after the first set as well, they just play too late at that venue for me. I thought Frank's Monroe stuff was as good as I've ever heard from him. The vocals are unfortunate, but they all do and know thier parts well. Had the pleasure of coveting the new BRW, (and the Paginoni,{Sp.?}, case). What a nice playing and feeling mandolin. Ben get's it right. That thing will be a hoss. Gotta give a shout out to Will Kimble as well, he had an A style there that I would have bought on the spot, but not for sale http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif . Frank has still got it going on, I hope my fingers move that fast when I'm 70!

Scotti Adams
Nov-13-2004, 10:45am
,,nice seeing you to Mike...thanks for the kind words....we will have to meet up again sometime..

Jmoss
Nov-23-2004, 2:41pm
Well, it is nice to get back to my own bed.
Thanks for all the support. The starting time
is always late at the Canal Street Tavern, just
the house rules.

It was a lot of driving, but also a lot of singing
in the mini van. We work on harmony singing
in the van on the long drives, keeps us awake.
It is a great way to work up new harmony songs.
By CT we were doing "Summertime is Past and Gone"
and a few others.

The tour was a success and we will be back.
Thanks again. Plus, there is video!
I will work on some of it for streaming online.

Next the West Coast...
Jim Moss
FWB

Klaus Wutscher
Nov-24-2004, 2:21am
Mike,

Great to hear you liked that Kimble because it just had been shipped to me. Sorry to steal that one away from you.Anyway, If you are interested IŽd recommend to stay in touch with Wil because sooner or later, he may have something for you. Certainly worked for me. At least this mando stays within the cafe family:D