PDA

View Full Version : Jazzmando site temporarily down

Ted Eschliman
Nov-12-2004, 5:51am
For those of you who frequent my jazzmando website, I have to apologize for the technical difficulties we're experiencing. We've been down now for nearly a week...
It's a classic case of one hardware company (Domain register) blaming the other (Web server), and leaving me in the middle.
This quote from my latest sleuth:

We are aware of this issue and appreciate your patience during times when popular features may be temporarily unavailable. This is often a result of changes being made to improve the quality of the service.
The appropriate department is working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. I have forwarded your report to our System Administrators so they can keep track of the issue. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
At this time, we do not have an estimated time of repair but our technicians are working day and night in order to fix it as soon as possible.

Needless to say, I wish I could spend more time authoring than fixing; it's been a tough week. Meantime, thanks for your understanding.
I'm down but not out...

EricEJazz
Nov-12-2004, 6:17am
Hang in there Ted. These things are always a nusiance, to say the least!

--Eric E.

pickinBob
Nov-13-2004, 3:40pm
Seems to be up and running as of this morning http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Ted Eschliman
Nov-13-2004, 4:19pm
Thanks for everybody's patience...
I know the site is really due for a major cosmetic overhaul; once I get my book done, that project is first on the list!

Ken Sager
Nov-13-2004, 7:30pm
It's alive!

I've been checking because I need some TI strings and I'm too lazy to send an email without your link from jazzmando.com... It's back, and I'm ordering strings. Cosmetics are overrated, Ted. It's all about information and yours is good.

Best,
Ken