PDA

View Full Version : Just a little banjer humor on this perfect summer day

Scotti Adams
Jun-30-2011, 7:37am

mandolino maximus
Jun-30-2011, 8:04am
First they came for the banjo players and I said nothing because I played mandolin. Oh, the humanity!

I really like the fact that the bluegrass museum in Owensboro has a full wall display devoted to banjo jokes. (Actually, I've gotten a few pretty bad reactions from supposed friendly acquaintances when I wore a bluegrass museum T-Shirt in public in northern Illinois. I suspect that they can't take joke either and you know what they say about folks who can't take a joke.)

So how do you know if the stage floor is not level? Drool only comes out of one side of the banjo player's mouth.

Scotti Adams
Jun-30-2011, 8:16am
I hesitate to post this pic...if it offends someone then I ask the powers that be to remove it...All in the name of off the wall humor of course...A banjo whoopin

Ivan Kelsall
Jun-30-2011, 11:56pm
Unfair,unfair !!!. Here's me a thinkin' that Scotti was a good guy. Gotta go now & wipe the chicken grease of'n ma Banjer & throw another Mandolin on the fire. I find the varnished ones burn best & them ole Loars best of all - all that dry wood an' all,i sure do like to hear it when all them strings start twangin' away,~:>
The Banjer player in the picher wus only atryin' to attract the attenshun of the fat Mandolin picker - i'm done !
Ivan

Rroyd
Jul-01-2011, 12:22am
ALL RIGHT!!!!! Now we can play some good tunes with "BANJO HERO". Instead of Guitar Hero crap like "Eye of the Tiger," we can play "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" and "Dueling Banjos," or perhaps better known as "Bonnie and Clyde" and "Deliverance," depending on the vintage of the software engineer.

mandopete
Jul-01-2011, 10:07am
Funny thing, I was camping up in Darrington, Washington last weekend (that's the home of bluegrass here in the Pacific Northwest) and my son wanted popcorn. So I headed out to the IGA for a couple of those stovetop Jiffy-Pop treats. As the cashier was ringing them up he comented, "there's two redneck alarms right there!". I thought it was funny.

catmandu2
Jul-01-2011, 10:19am
You better paddle faster Scotti...

JeffD
Jul-01-2011, 3:49pm
Take warning (http://www.whitetreeaz.com/vicious.htm)all.

http://www.whitetreeaz.com/vicious.htm

catmandu2
Jul-01-2011, 4:50pm

:cool:

Marty Henrickson
Jul-03-2011, 6:30pm

:cool:
That is just how it starts, false promises. Pretty soon somebody will tell you that you can actually TUNE the darn things!