PDA

View Full Version : Band of Angels

monument
Jun-15-2011, 12:40pm
I recall a song called “Band of Angels” (not to be confused with “Angel Band”) that started out like this:

Just a weary traveler, working my way back
To that point along the line where my wheels jumped the track…

And ended up with something like this:

Like a lonely bird that’s lost its way, flying all alone
Band of Angels lead me home.

I can’t find any reference to it on the internet. Does anyone recognize it and care to shed some light? Who did it? What are the lyrics and tabs?

Stanley Cox
Jun-16-2011, 8:24am
Jim, Band of Angels was written by Steve Spurgin who lived in Mckinney Tx.. It was recorded by the band California who consiste of Byron Berline, Dan Crarey, John Moore.
John Hickman and Steve Spurgin. I think the name of the CD is California Dreaming.
Get in touch with The Double Stop Fiddle Shop in Guthrie Ok. This is a great song and I like the message it brings. You might google Bums Rush Musicand get more info on Steve. I am looking for my copy of the CD.

Stanley Cox ~o)

Stanley Cox
Jun-16-2011, 9:11am
The name of the California CD is California Traveler. Steve's website is stevespurginmusic.com

Stanley ~o)

monument
Jun-16-2011, 10:59am
Wow, many thanks Stanley. I found the CD at the Double Stop and on Amazon.com. I heard that song years ago and it stuck in my head. Just couldn't find it again until your post. Also just found it by a group called Northshore Bluegrass recorded on YouTube.