PDA

View Full Version : Loar 73677 13-June-23 in Classifieds

AlanN
Jun-15-2011, 6:20am
What a dandy, Virzi and all. Is this a hitherto unknown specimen?

Darryl Wolfe
Jun-15-2011, 9:50am
No..It has been around for years. Does anyone know if Charlie Rappaport is still "with us"

Hal Jeanes
Jun-15-2011, 10:06am
No..It has been around for years. Does anyone know if Charlie Rappaport is still "with us"

Charley is very much still with us and living in Pennsylvania and still making great music. He is truly the Dave Apollon of our time. I had the great pleasure of making music with him during our years in Atlanta, a time I will always treasure. Here is a link to some of Charley's present day activities: http://www.myspace.com/greatamericangypsies

stever1422
Jun-15-2011, 10:10am
I am happy to report that Charley is thriving in Western Pennsylvania. Since 2006 he has served as Music Director of the Pittsburgh Mandolin Society and teaches at Accoustic Music Works in Squirrel Hill. The PMS threw a mandolin extravganza this past March, joined by the Dayton Mandolin Orchestra and Carlo Aonzo and his fine orchestra. It was a great event.

We are very lucky to have Charley in this part of the world.

Darryl Wolfe
Jun-15-2011, 11:41am
Thanks for the updates. It's been 5-6 years since I have heard from him. He visited a time or two in the 80's when I lived in Knoxville.

The mandolin is superior..very nice with some odd touches