PDA

View Full Version : The Loar Upgraded LM-500 Mandolin

NewsFetcher
Jun-13-2011, 5:47pm
The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
The Loar Upgraded LM-500 Mandolin
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001362.shtml

The Loar has announced the reissue of the LM-500 Golden Age mandolin. The design elements of the LM-500 reissue pay homage to classic Golden Age styling with updates that reflect the interests and needs of modern players.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.

Ron McMillan
Jun-13-2011, 11:57pm
I see it is selling for about $600 in the USA - what a steal. With great new instruments from The Loar, Eastman, Kentucky and others, most of them well under $1000, these are surely golden years in terms of value-for-money instruments for serious players with amateur budgets. I have an LM400 on order, but if I did not, I'd be seriously tempted by the new LM500.

rm

Banjopad
Jun-14-2011, 10:22pm
I was able to find a LM700 a year or so ago. Great sounding mando, but twice the price of the 500. It was kind hard to find. not many around.I don't know if they are more available now?
Banjopad

mandopaul
Jun-14-2011, 10:47pm
I am very happy with my LM600, a great sounding mandolin, i am sure the 500 is every bit as good.
The scooped fingerboard is a nice feature. LM600 should have had it.

Fstpicker
Jun-14-2011, 10:53pm
Blueron,

As another happy LM-400VS, I don't think you will be disappointed with it's tone one bit. I LOVE mine!

Jeff

Ron McMillan
Jun-15-2011, 6:53am
Blueron,

As another happy LM-400VS, I don't think you will be disappointed with it's tone one bit. I LOVE mine!

Jeff

Glad to hear it, Jeff. I have to wait a few more weeks before I get my hands on mine. It has to go from the workshop in China to the distributor in the USA to the Thai importer's warehouse in California and back across the Pacific again to me in Bangkok. Whew.

rm

Clement Barrera-Ng
Jun-15-2011, 11:02am
Ron I think you will love the LM400. I still remember the one I had fondly, but foolishly let go in a fit of MAS....

Fstpicker
Jun-15-2011, 11:24am
Glad to hear it, Jeff. I have to wait a few more weeks before I get my hands on mine. It has to go from the workshop in China to the distributor in the USA to the Thai importer's warehouse in California and back across the Pacific again to me in Bangkok. Whew.

Wow! Talk about a "run-around"! :) Keep us posted. The tone on mine has opened up more and more since last fall when I purchased it.

Jeff

P.S. Don't know why the "quote" feature is screwing up. Wierd!