PDA

View Full Version : cd is finally here!

ira
Nov-08-2004, 8:03pm
well, after a long wait, i came home today to a diskfactory package. color on the artwork was a little lighter than expected, but it still looks good to me and the sound is what we gave em. a lot of time, effort, listening and tweaking and its finally an actual product.

though just `100 cds for an acoustic bar band duo, and though will never be available at a store of anysort, i sure am proud.

we are having a cd release party at our open mic on friday 11/19 if any massachusetts/new england folk want to come down and play a bit or just listen- no cover and all are welcome.

just thought i'd share my joy.

peace all,
ira

jim simpson
Nov-08-2004, 9:40pm
Ira,
Congrats! The group I am with gets asked about CD's each time we play. I wish we could just get it done but it does take a bit of time to do right. We have finally slowed down a little with the change of season and hope to use the time to get to it.
Who knows who will come to the party and discover you? A trio I used to play with was playing at a bar/nightspot. We were approached by some musician publishers and got hired on the spot to play at private birthday party cause they liked our style of music. It turned out that many of the musicians offered to sit in with us while we got paid to play. It turned out great. You never know!

Chris Cantergiani
Nov-08-2004, 10:41pm
Right on, Ira!
If it was 1990, I'd still be in Boston and would have totally gone to the release party.
But... it's 2004... and I'm stuck in Atlanta. Drag.
Let us know how it goes!
Congratulations!

Chris

Nov-08-2004, 11:14pm
Congradulations! That is really exciting stuff. Have you got any mp3's online perhaps?

GaryM
Nov-09-2004, 1:05am
Really good news Ira! Very exciting to get through the recording process and see the end product! Hope you go into a second printing.

ira
Nov-09-2004, 7:01am
thanks for the kind words all. so many of you mandocafers have been so giving of your time, knowledge and good wishes. i have a feeling that we will be going into a second printing pretty quickly as we are donating a percentage of our profits to the parent organization in town that helps to keep the music programs in the schools afloat.

mp3s on line are on the way.

peace,
ira

Nov-09-2004, 8:48am
Id like to come and support the cd release.

newblue
Nov-09-2004, 9:28am
Congrats, I play with a praise and worship band and we've been burning our own cd's, If you dont mind, Whats the cost to have it done professional?

duuuude
Nov-09-2004, 9:37am
Way to go ira! So you're givin' the first 100 out for free to the first who sign up? What a cool idea!
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

ira
Nov-09-2004, 10:01am
duuuuuuuude- i wish we could just give em all away, but covering costs of these and next batch is a key in our making them. #we are however giving money back to the community in a variety of ways.
newblue- really depends on how many you want and how long you want to wait. we went with diskfactory- least expensive, though least responsive and longest wait- musician's friend and guitar center websites have a link for them. #if a little more cash i would prob. go with artist development association - they have a site too but i don't remember it. faster, good cust. service and a few other perks.

gdae- thanks. i'm attaching the flier.

btw- re: mp3/wav files for listening. premixed and earlier versions (not exactly what is on the cd but you can get the gist) of originals can be heard at:
http://nossongs.agreatserver.com/songs01.html
we plan on getting up a segment of all 13 songs in the near future and putting 1 or 2 on the mandocafe listening section.

peace!
wouldn't let me attach flier (picture of cd cover was too much i guess)- the rest of it is below:

C.D. Release Party

When: Friday, November 19th ,
8:30 pm – 12:00ish

Where: Casey’s Crossing- of course!
81 Railroad Street – Holliston, U.S.A.

How Much: As Always- NO COVER!!!

Why: to celebrate the release of the new
C.D. by N.O.S. (Alan Sirvent & Ira Kittrell)
“Friday’s at Casey’s”
containing the only known recorded song
about Holliston- “A Pretty Good Town”

NOTE: $1.00 from the proceeds of each C.D. sold at this event will be donated to Holliston Music Parents Association
____
“Musicians- this is still an open mic night!”
So, come on down- have some fun- play some tunes, listen, sing along, and BONUS support the musical arts in the schools!!!!

squeally dan
Nov-09-2004, 10:28am
Ira-

Congrats on the cd! You SHOULD be proud! Are you a psychologist or something? Does NOS stand for "Not Otherwise Specified."

ira
Nov-09-2004, 11:21am
it does...i am a special needs consultant and speech-language pathologist specializing in children with emotional and behavioral disorders. generally only those in the know catch the reference. are you in the field as well?

squeally dan
Nov-09-2004, 12:04pm
it does...i am a special needs consultant and speech-language pathologist specializing in children with emotional and behavioral disorders. generally only those in the know catch the reference. are you in the field as well?
I used to work on a psychiatric unit. I have a degree in psychology & nutrition. Right now I counsel patients who are planning on gastric bypass surgery. I am also working to get my Master's in counseling. I enjoy it, but it sure takes up a lot of time I could put towards playing mando! Sorry to change topics.

ira
Nov-09-2004, 12:08pm
how dare you alter the topic!!!!!!!!
i'm actually psyched when someone picks up the meaning of n.o.s. as most don't even if we tell em what the initials stand for.

anyway, thanks again for the congrats on the cd. we are definitely happy to have it and to send it out into the world on the 19th.

squeally dan
Nov-09-2004, 12:10pm
I actually played a 1 off gig with a bunch of psychologists at a psych conference. The name we chose was N.O.S. Great minds think alike!

ira
Nov-09-2004, 1:53pm
yes indeed!