PDA

View Full Version : New (unreleased) recording of Rice, Clements, Hartford

AlanN
May-24-2011, 10:01am
http://www.elderly.com/recordings/items/SMALLD611.htm

This looks cool - on the heels of the BG Album Band days. Back in their prime, for some of these cats.

Scotti Adams
May-24-2011, 10:07am
Yea...Im gonna have to get this one

Alex Orr
May-24-2011, 2:43pm
Whoa! Thanks for the heads-up. I will be ordering that a.s.a.p.

johnbluegrass
May-24-2011, 3:48pm
Thanks, will check it out

Philippe Bony
May-24-2011, 3:52pm
Thanks Alan!

re simmers
May-25-2011, 9:38am
"ME" and his guitar, Mr. Hillbilly Jazz, and one of the greatest songster entertainers of all time! This looks like a "must have" to me.

Bob

David
May-25-2011, 1:47pm
This is an excellent recording, highly recommended! Taken from live session tapes made at John's house. They must have recorded some of it at night and outside because at the end of some tracks, like Sweet Sunny South, you can hear the crickets as they fade out. Not enough tracks with Tony on lead vocal, but that's a minor quibble. John sings most of the lead vocals and Vassar fills in on tenor quite a bit. Great music.

Bigtuna
May-25-2011, 2:29pm
It's also for sale on iTunes. It sounds great, now I've got new tunes for my drive up to see the family this weekend. Thanks for the heads up!

Jim Taylor
May-25-2011, 8:13pm
Mine's on order. Thanks!

Michael Ramsey
May-26-2011, 1:33pm
I just loaded it into my iPod. Knowing there was a few more songs of Tony, when he could still sing, along with Huskey on the bass, were the main selling points for me. No disrespect towards Vassar or John, I like them too.