PDA

View Full Version : Snakehead

Rob Grant
Nov-08-2004, 5:44am
Found this beauty in the workshop busily keeping the rats and mice at bay. It's a "local" commonly called a scrub python. I thought I'd take a few quick comparison photos showing the "real thing" and it's mando equivalent. After this minor brush with fame, he's back keeping the shed and surrounds free of rodents.

Rob Grant
Nov-08-2004, 5:53am
Here's a full length photo. This is a young python. I once came upon one that entirely stretched across a narrow two lane country road... head on one side, tail on the other! Wish I could make my snakeheads half as lovely!<g>

Tom C
Nov-08-2004, 8:16am
I'm not fond of snakes but that's really pretty. Glad to see you are in Australia even though things like that do pop up here in NY.

jcs271
Nov-08-2004, 8:55am
"Ain't she a Beaut"

Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter

phiddlepicker
Nov-08-2004, 9:23am
I have a snake head too.

phiddlepicker
Nov-08-2004, 9:24am
Kind of a curve hugger....my daughter's Ball Python

Windflite
Nov-08-2004, 12:32pm
Ok I admit it...These pictures make me feel kinda creepy. # #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif #

Rob Grant
Nov-09-2004, 2:50am
"Ok I admit it...These pictures make me feel kinda creepy."

Admittedly this is not an uncommon reaction. Me own 'mudder would recoil in shock at these photos. Spiders and bats often produce the same reaction. Truth is without the snakes, spiders and bats I'd have a plague of disease carrying, wood destroying rodents and insects... such is life in the tropics.

Now, you should see the spiders and the bats!!!

phiddlepicker; Love that "snakehead" of yours. Where did your daughter score such a beauty? Actually, I wouldn't mind a larger close-up of that python "playing first position." Looks like a really nice photo.

phiddlepicker
Nov-09-2004, 6:41am
Rob,

She got it from a local pet store. I've had snakes out of the wild including a pet rattlesnake, but they simply don't have the inherent temperment of the ball pythons. This snake was docile from the first day at home. A very good "starter snake" for my daughter.