PDA

View Full Version : Off to see the Del McCoury Band in Santa Barbara tonight

Jack Roberts
May-11-2011, 6:44pm
I'm expecting a great show.

Jim Ferguson
May-11-2011, 6:58pm
Man 'o man Jack......I am envious!!!! I am a Del McCoury Band fan for sure. Wish I was going with you.
Enjoy the show. I hope they do 1952 Vincent Black Lightening as well as Blackjack County Chains......two great tunes.
Peace,
Jim

Jack Roberts
May-12-2011, 9:31am
What a great show! I was really looking forward to Ronnie McCoury's mandolin, and was not disappointed. But Del is a great showman. He really enjoyed being on stage and performing. I know with the lights he couldn't really see the audience, but he played to us as if we were sitting in the sofa in his living room. All smiles and "i'm so glad y'all could come." This is a skil a lot of younger performers have lost.

They'll be at UCLA tonight, but I don't know if tickets are still available.

AlanN
May-12-2011, 9:42am
What tunes did Ronnie pick? Quicksburg Rondevous? etc.

Jack Roberts
May-12-2011, 2:35pm
Sorry, Alan, they didn't announce many of the tunes, although 1952 Vincent was done, along with Nashville Cats, Kentucky Waltz, Deeper Shade of Blue, Prisoner's Song, and the "get on your knees and pray" song that stopped the show.

aphillips
May-14-2011, 8:43pm
I'm so bummed I missed that- I live right in Santa Barbara and couldn't make it. They came into my buddies class at UCSB and he was able to interview that and have breakfast with them. Maybe next time.