Yaron Naor
May-11-2011, 11:59am
Yaki Reuven's new MandolaOud, fret less 5 course and Octave

Ed Goist
May-11-2011, 12:09pm
That is a very cool instrument!

Bertram Henze
May-11-2011, 12:14pm
That's ultra cool-looking - now you owe us all a sound clip to let us know if that Mando-Loud ;) deserves its name!

Didge
May-11-2011, 12:59pm
That's sick! I agree with Bertram, I'd love to hear what it sounds like. I'm curious, why the "mando" in the name?

Randi Gormley
May-11-2011, 3:20pm
Really interesting design. Curious how it sounds as well.

Yaron Naor
May-12-2011, 5:29am
Thank you all for your good feed backs
This is a 5 course Mandola, an extra bass string for a "do" and tuned like a mandola lower octave
BUT... the strings are Oud'd strings (nylon and wounded) and the scale is 52.5cm, so the sound is Oudish...
The video will come soon with a sound sample
Yaron Naor

JEStanek
May-12-2011, 8:10am
I really like the funky modern twist on an ancient instrument. I'm looking forward to hearing it, too.

Jamie

PS, Welcome to the Cafe.

Wesley
May-12-2011, 6:40pm
Yes - I'm up for some "oudish" sounds too.

And I've learned a new word today.

Yaron Naor
May-21-2011, 4:25pm
To all my friends:
Here is a sample video of the MandolaOud playing by the Mandolin Master - Yaki Reuven (this is only a demo playing on a new born instrument)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LHt6V3YmbE
Thank you all and please reply with your opinion.
Regards,

Yaron Naor

zoukboy
May-21-2011, 4:52pm
To all my friends:
Here is a sample video of the MandolaOud playing by the Mandolin Master - Yaki Reuven (this is only a demo playing on a new born instrument)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LHt6V3YmbE
Thank you all and please reply with your opinion.
Regards,

Yaron Naor

Very nice! Would you please PM me?

catmandu2
May-21-2011, 5:48pm
I've been wanting an eoud for long time. Love to have nylon amplified...and the elegant suppleness of oud combined with the convenience of electrification..

Nice playing, yes. Easy to get lost in solo improv with that, I imagine?!

JEStanek
May-21-2011, 7:09pm
Wow. That sounds pretty cool. Thanks for posting.

Jamie

trevor
May-22-2011, 8:34am
I like it. Incredible depth of tone.

Bertram Henze
May-23-2011, 2:00am
Yes, expectations exceeded. I am blown away.

Dan Hoover
May-23-2011, 8:37am
that's very cool,great channel..

Tracey
May-23-2011, 9:59am
Very very cool. The bottom end on that thing is amazing. What does Yaki think of your new creation?

You mentioned above that this was for ethnic music. Being a SE Oklahoma redneck I've not been exposed to this style. Very expressive. Are there any recordings or downloads you can recommend to sample this style. For that matter does this style have a name?

I'm keeping Isarel in my prayers, as we say back home y'all have a tough row to hoe.....

catmandu2
May-23-2011, 1:01pm
I've got a trad scandi small ensemble that I'm trying to cultivate into larger/broader scale. Among instruments that I play--double bass, udu, bass clarinet, bouzouki/large-bodied cittern, an eoud would be tremendous.

Mandoviol
May-28-2011, 2:56pm
Awesome oud, Yaron. And as always, Reuven's playing is awesome. Would I had more space in the house/playing talent to justify one....

Randi Gormley
May-28-2011, 3:35pm
Beautiful playing, really like the bass end. Outstanding. Thanks for posting.

Rob Fowler
May-28-2011, 4:27pm
INCREDIBLE. I'm going to go put some Hamza el Din on now!