PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Hull's new Weber Octave

Larry S Sherman
May-07-2011, 12:46am
Sierra posted a picture of her new Weber Octave on FB. This is it next to her Gibson mandolin for size comparison.

I'm curious to hear how it sounds in her hands, and imagine that it will look even bigger with her playing it!

Larry

dcoventry
May-07-2011, 1:39am
"I'm curious to hear how it sounds in her hands, and imagine that it will look even bigger with her playing it!"

Too funny. Ahhhhh, Larry? Maybe rephrase that?:grin:

Larry S Sherman
May-07-2011, 1:48am
Well, she looks like she's playing a guitar with a regular mandolin. The octave will probably look like a mandocello when she's playing it.

dcoventry
May-07-2011, 2:13am
That's what I thought you meant........:redface:

Malcolm G.
May-07-2011, 5:31am
And, that looks like a Blue Chip in the mando strings.

Another fan?

Ben Somerville
May-07-2011, 7:00am
And, that looks like a Blue Chip in the mando strings.

Another fan?

sure is... I'm pretty sure she uses a TD50

Andrew DeMarco
May-07-2011, 7:14am
In the interest of propriety -- that is a spectacular looking instrument. Can we get more pics?

tonyvt
May-07-2011, 7:22am
I'm looking forward to hearing Sierra pick her new instrument at the Ossipee Fest in July

pjlama
May-07-2011, 8:37am
Those Weber octaves are too cool!

Cheryl Watson
May-07-2011, 9:02am
It is actually not quite as large in comparison to the mandolin, because it is placed a little more up front. It is gorgeous!

calgary.fiddler
May-08-2011, 3:06am
does anyone know what kind of gibson mandolin shes playing these days?

Uncle Bob
May-08-2011, 9:46am
Saw Sierra yesterday at the Denton BGF. She was amazing and so was her band Highway 111. She played the Weber Octave on two songs and it sounded great. She told the crowd that she was still getting used to the larger frets but was really enjoying playing it.

I did get to talk to her (and got a hug from her too!). What a nice young lady she is. She told me that the Gibson she was playing was a "Master" something (it was kind of noisy around her and missed part of what she said, plus I don't know much about Gibson mandolin models). She said she still has her Weber mandolin and that it's a great instrument.

Larry S Sherman
May-13-2011, 6:36pm
Another glimpse of Sierra's new octave:

Larry

Lukas J
May-14-2011, 1:20am
what a beautiful Instrument! I was at Sound To Earth a couple of days ago, and Mary told me I just missed seeing this one in person.