PDA

View Full Version : Gretzky vs Loar

re simmers
May-02-2011, 1:23pm
If I find 2 'mint' Gretzky rookie cards, can I negotiate a trade for a Loar? :mandosmiley:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/Wayne-Gretzky-NHL-rookie-card-sets-record-050111

Bob

JeffD
May-02-2011, 1:40pm
I have a good number of the 1966 Batman Series 1 orange back bubble gum cards. I think I have #1 and #2. Will that work?

mrmando
May-02-2011, 1:52pm
I'm hoping to save up enough Loars to trade for a Honus Wagner card...

JEStanek
May-02-2011, 2:14pm
I used my Ovaltine malter milk powder Decoder Ring on Loar Serial numbers and got the following super secret message, "D R I N K M O R E O V A L T I N E ."

Jamie

Mike Bunting
May-02-2011, 2:19pm
I'm hoping to save up enough Loars to trade for a Honus Wagner card...
You do know that Gretzky paid $451000 for a Wagner card back in 1991, he later sold to Walmart for 1/2 a million, what's that, about three Loars now?

rbird
May-02-2011, 2:44pm
I got #47 of the Batman 1966 series I. "Robin in peril" maybe worth a set of strings!

D C Blood
May-02-2011, 6:56pm
Reckon Bluegrass Musician cards would go over? Trade ya a Lester and a Jimmy Martin for a Monroe rookie card...

delsbrother
May-02-2011, 7:26pm
Would they come with tobacco?

pigpen
May-02-2011, 7:35pm
Is this kinda like:

Ninja vs Samurai
Godzilla vs Mothra
Chuck Norris vs Mr T
Oldtime vs Bluegrass
Yeti vs Bigfoot

I can keep going...

journeybear
May-02-2011, 7:46pm
I'm hanging onto my mint condition Action Comics #1 for just a few years longer. I want to get a matching set of Loar mandolin and mandola, and still have enough left over to buy a private island. Caribbean, South Pacific, or Aegean, I'm not fussy.

Mike Bunting
May-02-2011, 7:48pm
Reckon Bluegrass Musician cards would go over? Trade ya a Lester and a Jimmy Martin for a Monroe rookie card...
Now that would be cool.

mrmando
May-02-2011, 8:16pm
Would they come with tobacco?
The Jimmy Martin one comes with a fifth of bourbon and a box of shells...

allenhopkins
May-02-2011, 8:22pm

Not bluegrass, but: R Crumb's Pioneers of Country Music trading cards (http://www.deniskitchen.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TC.RC.PCM).

journeybear
May-02-2011, 9:17pm
Very cool! I love his similar collection of blues greats, but I didn't know he had done the same for country. Now I see he also did a series on jazz I hadn't known about. Man, I learn so much around here!

Willie Poole
May-03-2011, 2:29pm
I shudder to think how many Loars I could be owning right now if my mother, bless her soul, had not thrown all of my card collection away when we moved one time...I had some nice ones but at that time didn`t know what they would be worth now days, same for all of the comic books I had saved and traded over the years...At one time I had a Captain Marvel comic that had the serial number one on it....There is at least two Loars right there....

Willie

rgray
May-03-2011, 2:44pm
Owning a symbol of the "The Great One" would be awesome.

Owning a couple Wayne Gretzky rookie cards would be pretty cool as well.

Andrew DeMarco
May-03-2011, 2:58pm
Bluegrass musician trading cards!

In fact, even better, Bluegrass musician TCG! It's a trading card game which simulates actually playing a concert as the bluegrass greats. Here's how it works: Each player chooses an Avatar Card (a bluegrass musician) to "play" as. Each character builds a deck of Song cards, Key cards, and Break cards. At the beginning of each Turn, the current "Song Kicker Offer" plays a Song Card and a Key Card. Each player, going in a counterclockwise position, then must play a break card with the correct key signature, until the Kicker Offer calls the end of the song (usually this is done when the Kicker Offer no longer has a Break card in the correct Key of the Song). That's all I got ATM.