PDA

View Full Version : Classical mando & guitar recital

JimD
Nov-05-2004, 4:57pm
I will be giving a recital on mandolin and guitar -- Sunday, November 14th at 4 p.m. at North Parish of North Andover.

The program is the same one that I gave in Boston in the spring and will include guitar works by Lou Harrison, Leo Brouwer and Dan Bukvich.

The mandolin works will be Sonata for Mandolin by James Kachulis (a Berklee professor) and my own "Gifts of the Bard" both 3 movements.

In addition, soprano Maggi Smith-Dalton will sing my song cycle, "Clear Full Moon" with guitar accompaniment.

The location is less than 30 miles from Boston just off Route 495.

If you come, please introduce yourself.

I am also preparing an entirely new program for performance in Boston next April. Details later.

JimD
Nov-13-2004, 8:25pm
Hi all,

My concert will be tomorrow afternoon at 4 pm at North Parish of North Andover, 190 Academy Road, North Andover Massachusetts.

Hope some of you will come.

ironlionzion
Nov-14-2004, 10:59am
would like to come but i am a student in boston with no car! if anyoneis driving from boston and can give me a ride post it by the end of the day thanks all and good luck
~Steve

bjc
Nov-14-2004, 7:19pm
JIm I trust all went well...I'm in Va...a long haul with work looming on Monday...are there any recordings...I do enjoy clasical on mandolin..

JimD
Nov-14-2004, 7:41pm
Thanks bjc -- it did go well. There is no recdording at this point but Jimmy Kachulis (the other local composer on my program) and I are conspiring to record our compositions (his Mandolin Sonata, my "Gifts of the Bard" for solo mandolin and my song cycle "Clear Full moon" for voice and guitar) in the near future.

Where do you live in VA? Maggi and I perform in Virginia about once a year -- usually we play Williamsburg and whatever else we can manage on the same trip.

Steve -- Thanks for the interest. Sorry you couldn't make it. i am planning a performance of this same program in Salem (easily accessible by train ) date TBA and a new program on April 1 in Boston at the Boston Conservatory (8 Fenway). I'll post a notice about those.

Where do you go to school? Are you studying music? mandolin by any chance?

Nov-14-2004, 11:47pm
HOW ON EARTH DID I MISS THIS GREAT SHOW?