PDA

View Full Version : John Reischman and The Jaybirds - Vintage & Unique

NewsFetcher
Apr-15-2011, 6:53pm
The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
John Reischman and The Jaybirds - Vintage & Unique
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001344.shtml

Vintage & Unique is the fifth recording from John Reischman and The Jaybirds and as expected, the band has produced another gem.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.

Nonprophet
Apr-16-2011, 3:48pm
I just saw them play a few weeks ago and they played quite a few songs off their new CD--I highly recommend it!!!

NP

Randalline
Apr-16-2011, 7:30pm
I also saw them in concert a few weeks ago. Unbelievable! I was privaledged to be sitting just a few feet away from Reischman drowning myself in the musicianship of the band, and especially the tone of the Loar. In my mind John Reischman sets the standard in mandolin. I, like many others feel his music and tone is unmatched. The guy is amazing.

Randalline
Apr-16-2011, 7:33pm
I forgot to mention that i got a picture with him after the show. He offered the Loar to me, and I held it in the picture. Probably the nicest sounding mandolin on the planet. . . . played by a mandolin God.

Patrick Bouldin
May-01-2011, 6:50pm
Took a week-long class with John last fall, great guy, learned a LOT! I traveled to BC Canada from Texas and thought I would be a fish out of water, but recommend Sorrento and highly recommend John.

Patrick