PDA

View Full Version : My New Sam

travisburch
Nov-03-2004, 10:31pm
Here's a picture of my baby!!! #It is way out of my league! #I got for my birthday and just two nights ago, I got it signed by Chris Thile at the NC show in Kansas City! # I guess some people would not do that, but that's ok -- I don't intend to ever sell it, and Chris is my mandohero... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

travisburch
Nov-03-2004, 10:39pm
I'll try again...

JimW
Nov-03-2004, 10:45pm
Travis, I had a Gibson Sam Bush and I'll tell you, it was a cannon. Amazing tone, volume, and sustain with easy playability. Enjoy.

Jim Watts

travisburch
Nov-03-2004, 10:45pm
you can see it a little better

travisburch
Nov-03-2004, 10:50pm
Thanks Mr. Watts. Yeah I am very happy with the sound! #Chris actually played it for a while and said it needed to be played in a little more... but, hey, I just got it.

goose 2
Nov-04-2004, 12:51am
I too had a Bush that was superb. That is one that I wish I could have back. Just wait and see how it sounds after 6 months of hard playing. What a nice present to receive!Congrats!

Keith Wallen
Nov-04-2004, 7:46am
Awesome mandolin travisburch! I got a Bush model on my birthday as well and I couldn't be happier with it. Congrats!

David Horovitz
Nov-04-2004, 5:03pm
Nice mando!

But since CT is your mandohero, you should have asked for a Dudenbostel http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

GTison
Nov-04-2004, 6:33pm
Travis, Congrats looks great, and that 6months is about right and it will liven up even more. Play it alot. get you some of those "steves silencers" in the classifieds they look cool and do a great job that that pc of foam does. Enjoy what a great birthday present. I wish I could get presents like that.

Nathan Sanders
Nov-04-2004, 7:11pm
Nice mando. I do not think I would let anyone write on it though, not even Thile. I'd probably let Sam Bush sign though. Anyway, what I want to know is how you get somebody to give you a Sam Bush model for a birthday present. WOW!! If your gift giver still feels generous, Christmas is right around the corner and I think I would be willing to accept a Sam Bush mandolin.... ENJOY the great mando!